Roon Radio repeats songs multiple times [Roon Investigating]

Earlier today our data team was able to track down a bug that could cause Radio sessions to restart on our server in some cases – this lack of continuity in a given session could definitely cause intermittent repeats, which would explain this kind of feedback:

We’ve now rolled out a fix for this particular issue. While that doesn’t mean the problem is resolved in every case, I’ve done some limited testing over the course of my day and the results are encouraging.

We continue to test and investigate but I’d like to know if you’re all seeing similar results – if you are still seeing repeats please be sure to let us know the details, including the content Radio was “seeded” with, and what tracks were played more than once.

With intermittent issues like this it’s always possible we’re dealing with more than one issue dependent on metadata quality, environmental factors, or server-side conditions. If it is still happening, I’m confident we can track it down, so let us know what you’re seeing and thanks again for all the feedback everyone!

@Chikolad @Gerdy @grzlybear @JAM @Paul_Hermans @RBO @Neil_Small @Laertes @bruce_bosler1 @CrystalGipsy

7 Likes