Roon Radio stops playing

@support
Hello,
Roon Radio frequently stops playing - see screenshot attached

My config:
Core: I7, win 10
Library: qnap, Qobuz sublime
Player: Linn AEDSM

As you can see in the screenshot Roon waits for the track to complete, there is 1 sec. left. But AEDSM has finished playing. I have to manualy skip track and everything works fine till the next stop. This happens very often.

Thank you for your help
Gerhard

Hello @G56,

Just to make sure I understand you correctly here, you are saying that the track is stuck on 2:59/3:00 and it never progresses past that to start the next track (Let Me by Usher)?

Does this issue happen only for Qobuz content or for both Qobuz and local content? Does it occur on multiple zones? What happens if you try to reproduce this issue on your Core’s physical speakers?

Thanks,
Noris

Hello noris,
you got it right, if it is stuck it will never progress automatic.
I noticed the issue only with Qobuz up to now.
I used just one zone.
I tried 10 tracks (all Qobuz) on system out - everything works fine.

Gerhard

Hello @G56,

Thanks for confirming that. I brought up your issue with QA and they have noted that they are investigating some similar reports so I have added your report to the investigation.

I have also gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

No further action is necessary on your part for the moment, once I hear back from QA with any updates regarding this issue I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello Noris,
thank you for your quick response; Roon Radio is really a great feature, I like it.

Gerhard

1 Like

Hello Noris,
sometimes I get the same issue with the last track of a playlist if I play an entire album. After the last track stops playing on AEDSM Roon radio doesnt start because there is still 1 second left to play.

Gerhard

Thanks for letting me know @G56, I have added that information to your case with QA.

As soon as I have more information to share I will let you know, but we should let QA complete their investigation here first.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello Noris,
since friday night everything works fine. I played Roon Radio for many hours without any problem.

In my system there was just one change, friday evening I installed an update for Linn Konfig to version 4.37.120.

Gerhard

Hi @G56,

Thanks for letting me know that the firmware update to the Linn resolved this issue.
If you still experience this issue after the firmware update do let us know.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris,
I got the issue again- every time if roon radio tried to play a track at 96 kHz. With lower resolution everything is ok.
Gerhard

Hi @G56,

Thanks for letting me know that info, I have added it to the investigation in case it helps QA reproduce this issue. I will be sure to let you know as soon as I have any other updates to share.

– Noris

Hello @G56,

QA is looking at this issue but they have a few follow up questions here:

• You mention that this issue is now only affecting 96kHz streams while on the first screenshot you posted there is a 48/24 track being played, so it would appear that this issue affects other sample rates than just 96kHz.

• Do you have any DSP turned on for your Linn zone?

• Have you only seen this issue on your Linn zone or is it reproducible on non-Linn zones as well?

• If you create a queue with several 96kHz tracks from Qobuz (not using Roon Radio) and attempt to play the Queue, is Roon stuck at any point while transitioning between them? If it does please note the exact local time (e.g. 2:37PM).

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris,
after i got your mail i tried to reproduce that problem. Without success. Roon Radio has been working for two hours without a single mistake. Resolutions of 96 khz were also included.
Last sunday there were mistakes on almost every second track. it is really hard to recognize a pattern. I did not change anything about the configuration. If I find a faulty track I will try to reproduce the error on several days. maybe the problem is data-driven and it depends on the random what roon radio is currently selecting.

I will continue to test and contact you if I have new findings

DSP is not turned on.

Gerhard

1 Like

Hello Noris,
since the update to 416, roon works fine. Now roon radio is really fun. Thank you.

Gerhard

1 Like

Hi @G56,

Thanks for letting me know that this issue has been resolved for you with the new Roon update! I am seeing a few other reports of similar behavior so I’d like to monitor this issue just for a while longer.

I will leave this thread open for another few months and if this re-occurs on your setup please do let me know, hopefully it won’t though.

– Noris

Hi Noris,
the problems are back. Tonight, every track gets stuck. I tried to restart roon server remotely. unfortunately this does not work (error message says I should reboot).
Gerhard

Hi @G56,

Can you please let me know the exact local time + date in your country for the next occurrence of this issue? E.g. 8:59PM on 5/9/19?

After letting me know this timestamp you can go ahead and reboot the Core (power off, wait 30 seconds, power back on) and let me know if that helps?

– Noris

Hi Noris,
I’m sorry, but I’ve already done the reboot. I will deliver the desired information if the problem occurs again.

following details:
the core now runs on a nucleus + with internal hd
network was ok with 48.4 / 4.9 mbit
Source internal hd or qobuz
in “now playing” the old track stops with a run time of 4.05 min. from 4.05 min.
On the Linn device was the new track in the display, but was not played

Gerhard

Hi Noris,
track stucks at 11.04 PM

Hi @G56,

Thank you for letting me know those timestamps, I can confirm that the diagnostics from your Core machine have been received by our servers.

I brought your report up with the hardware team and we are going to reach out to Linn regarding this issue and investigate your report and the other similar reports we have surrounding this behavior.

You may want to try rebooting the DAC/Network as well to see if that has any effect on this behavior and as soon as I hear any updates from the hardware team or further troubleshooting suggestions, I will be sure to let you know. Do note, investigations such as these may take some time to complete.

Thanks,
Noris