Roon Radio wakes me up

I’ve skimmed previous discussions of Roon Radio and without getting into the technicalities - because they’re beyond me - I’d like to make a request, could there be a setting for “Please don’t wake me up!” Some nights I forget to set the timer, and despite having gone to sleep to quiet, soothing tones, Roon Radio kicks in with “Hey, listen to this jaunty number!” and wakes me up. I’m sure in the scheme of things this is a cockpit issue, as I really should remember to set the sleep timer, but it would be nice to be able to protect myself from myself, and Roon Radio’s enthusiasm for up beat tunes. :smile:

1 Like

Have you considered exploring the Alarm Clock extension? The name may be somewhat misleading. It not only allows you to use Roon ans an alarm clock, but also to playing music at a preset times.

1 Like

Hi,

Roon already supports a sleep function and Roon Radio can be disabled on a zone by zone basis.

If neither of those options have been utilised by the user then I wondering what information could Roon use to be able to determine if Roon Radio should be suppressed or not.

@Fiona_Thurn what are your thoughts on this?

1 Like

Thank you, @SvenM. That’s an excellent suggestion. Unfortunately I run Roon from a ROCK installation which can’t use the alarm clock extension. I appreciate the suggestion.

Thank you for replying @Carl. I think the feature I’d like is likely too niche and hard to implement. I’d like a Roon Radio option for something like “Play quiet tracks only.” It already makes artist selections based on the playlist, but artists often have lots of variety in their catalogues, especially artists who’ve been around a long time, like Brian Eno for example. Yeah, categories like, “Quiet music” and choices like, lively, chilled, meditative, thumping, would be pretty useful … at least to me. :grinning:

@Fiona_Thurn you don’t necessarily need to install the extension on the same device as your core. Any machine in the same subnet should suffice. A DietPi for example

1 Like

Thank you, @SvenM. I did have a play with that sort of machine. As I was low on Raspberry Pis at the time, I tried a virtualised machine on Windows 11, and it never got off the ground. If I can get my hands on another one, I’ll give it a go.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.