Roon randomly closes after 15 minutes

What do I do once I get it connected to Ethernet. The router is downstairs in my Landlord’s apartment, not mine. Will just connecting to Ethernet for a little bit reset my problems?

Hi @Jacob_Goldman,

If the router is located an entire floor below you, you can certainly run into WiFi issues. If possible, I would suggest a mesh-style network, that way you have an Ethernet out connection in your apartment and you can still leave the primary router downstairs.

No, connecting it for a bit won’t resolve these issues permanently. You seem to be getting intermittent network errors, so you would need to boost the signal in your apartment with either a mesh network or a direct Ethernet connection.

You’ll want to look into an un-managed switch too if you’re keeping the non-mesh setup so you can split your Ethernet outputs in case you want to add more devices later with just the one Ethernet run.

Hello Norris,

Thank you very much for the detailed yet direct reply. I will definitely look into getting a mesh network get up. That’s good advice that you’ve given me, and something that other members of this forum also seem to have set up already. I’ll let you know if that helps resolve my problems. It might be a similar length of time before I get it set up (I’m a teacher who is getting ready to go back to work), but I hope that I may reply or use this thread to let you know how everything goes, or if I have questions regarding how to proceed. Thank you for your help and advice so far.

1 Like

No worries at all @Jacob_Goldman, I’ll leave this thread open for you and once you have a chance to run through some of the suggestions, let us know how it goes!

Hello @noris,

I don’t know what you guys did, but Roon has been rock solid lately. I’m not even sure I need the mesh network, but will get it down the road. I just wanted to thank you for all of the work that you guys are doing, and encourage you to keep up the good work in the future. Be happy, healthy, and well.

2 Likes

Hi @Jacob_Goldman,

Thanks for letting us know that the issues are resolved on your end! We have gone through a few more builds since you opened this thread, so maybe one of the new builds has helped! :slight_smile:

Thank you for you kind words @Jacob_Goldman, and do let us know if there’s ever another Roon issue you run to, we would be happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.