Roon Ready certificate for Buchardt A500

Yes, a possible workaround. But for me one of the major USPs of Roon is to combine everything into ONE GUI. Several libraries and the basic functionalties of SEVERAL devices. Most important to me: volume control via Roon’s app.
Does that work with a Raspberry Pi as a digital source in the signal path? I dont think so. At least, I was not able to do it with my Rasberry Pi.

Gents, I have an A700, with the same HUB.

I have gapless via Chromecast, I have just tested a Marillion album (Misplaced childhood), Beck (Morning phase) and Pink Floyd (Darkside of the moon) they all work.

I can also use the remote to skip tracks etc, so until RAAT comes there is a solution that works.

Br. Morten

How is the A700? :smiley:

1 Like

Brilliant in one word…

The play fanatic at low volume, the LLE works.
They go loud if you have that desire.
And the bass is just amazing.
I also use them for tv, it is also fantastic, I watched guardians of the galaxy in the weekend, it is a pleasure to “feel” the movie😉

The only downside I have found is the need a lot of break in🤪

Br Morten

1 Like

Greate :slight_smile: They look fantastic as well

I just tried to play a gapless album. There is a tiny pause between the tracks :frowning:

It’s strange that some users are able to get gapless with Chromecast and others don’t

1 Like

Darko’s Product of the Year -

If you want to cut thru all the BS, just go to 13:50

1 Like

My Stereo Hub updated to firmware version 12141 in the last couple of days and thankfully they’ve fixed the uneven HDMI volume control i was experiencing.
Not sure if this firmware also has any link to upcoming Roon Readiness…

HI,

How did you know the stereo HUB was updated? Did you get any notification anywhere?

Regards,
Tusahr.

Hansong told me to expect an imminent firmware update when i spoke to them a few weeks ago, so i’ve been checking the firmware version in Google Home every now and then. I suspected it had happened when the the hub randomly rebooted whilst watching TV the other night.

Do you have a link to this Google folder?

1 Like

Download Buchardt Audio - Google Drive

Thx. Will have a look.

1 Like

The Google Home app should automatically download the new firmware.

1 Like

Hello Mads @Mads_Buchardt ,

What should be the average distance between the speakers and the human ears, for Near field config and for the default 2.5 Config?

Would like to know how everyone else is using the A500’s…

Regards.
Tushar…

@Mads_Buchardt Looks like you are getting close on Roon certification. An order for A500 and A700 is waiting on that as well as Airplay 2 support. Speaking of which, what is the status of Airplay 2 support? Family uses AP2 for music playback and no speakers can come into the house that don’t support that.

Thanks,
/m

Do you know what is new in “demo” 431?

I was thinking the same. The previous firmware version was 123 and the recent update is 141. 431 is a big leap although their beta version numbers may just be different?

Has anybody verified a 431 version on the web GUI of their stereo hub?
I went from p12103.423.0 to p12123.424.0 to p12141.430.0. Despite Buchardt announcing a 431 demo version.
Whatever this means. I did not find any release notes or changelog. Neither on Buchardt’s nor on Hansong’s website. In my usecase I could not notice any differences other than the stereo hub now being listed as non certified Roon Ready device. Which doesn’t help anyway. Lacking RAAT I am still bound to redbook format through either chromecast or airplay. So far rather disappointing IMO.

I know the version is available on Google drive of Buchardt. I’m just avoiding a manual update.

The “uncertified device” message, I had the message showing up since October 2020 when I received the A500. May be my A500 came with the latest firmware.

Roon is happily sending 88.2/24 and 96/24 to the chromecast in my stereo hub.