Roon Ready Certification

@Mike_Kelly1 I just think that todays news will be resolved quickly.

That’s great; it seems then the Roon move does work as it should.

As Anders posted above, if you don’t see Uncertified, you should be fine. I don’t see it in your screenshot, so you should be good.

Cheers, Greg

1 Like

Yes, but don’t use me as a pawn and take away something that works today. My Roon core is temporarily running on my iMac as I sold my server three weeks ago that Roon was running on. I don’t want Roon running on my main computer but need to find a replacement server for Roon to run on. Was seriously thinking about a Nucleus but that isn’t going to happen now.

1 Like

Chromecast is not a USB dac, but it’s Roon Tested.

I wish I could tell you! They took down the roon services agreement with the website refresh.

1 Like

Yes Coltrane, after two updates using the IP address, the UNCERTIFIED label disappeared from the Elac Z3

1 Like

No, you will still be able to use Roon with Innuos devices.

1 Like

I mentioned it before but Roon Ready has been removed from Bricasti’s website. It is Roon Ready as shown in Roon, just uncertified. Obviously vendors were showing and selling their devices as Roon Ready but they weren’t certified. Roon readily admits to this fact.

i’m speculating but probably some of the vendors believed perhaps wrongly that their devices were Roon Ready and certification was just a formality. I don’t know what happened in the end.

I owned Roon before I owned the Bricasti M3.

Then enjoy the Z3!

Not sure how the two are related if you’re still keeping Roon subscription, unless you’re just striking out in frustration.

Do you mean the Terms & Conditions for Roon? That’s linked to on the Settings > About page of Roon.

I for one would be seriously annoyed with Bricasti. But you seem to give all benefit of the doubt to the hardware vendor who cheated, as you are aware. That’s simply not a reasonable attitude.

2 Likes

Try it. You get a 404 error at the moment - at least I do.

Ah - right… @mike - broken link that needs fixing for the T&C…

Thanks, @Geoff_Coupe and @Mike_Kelly1 — Well get that taken care of.

Just an FYI, if Roon would refund my money and disable my license I would be happy to walk away from Roon’s software. The whole NAD M10/Roon finger pointing exercise was frustrating enough. Just last month the Bricasti M3 had a problem where it stopped being recognized by Roon due to a change Roon made (according to the owner of Bricasti), which forced Bricasti to rush out a firmware update to impacted M3 owners. They sent the firmware update the next day and the owner of Bricasti even responded to my email I sent about the problem the same day, which was a Sunday!

Bricasti said that Roon has an M3 in their possession but never tested the change they made with the M3, which ultimately broke the Roon functionality with the M3. Every manufacturer has to send Roon a sample of the hardware they want certified, which is a big expense for small companies.

I have been an IT project manager for over 25 years and I know that software and interconnected systems will have problems, but it is how these problems are supported and addressed that shows the true character of a company. Roon has failed at their attempt to address vendor problems and now they are punishing the user community (at least those impacted by this new policy) to get the vendors to step up. This is a knee jerk decision made by a weak management team that isn’t focused on the right things.

4 Likes

NAD is a big company and they released the M10 in January of 2017 and advertised as Roon Ready. Still not Roon Ready Certified. I’m sure there are others, but I haven’t owned other devices but NAD and Bricasti.

Agreed, whilst the majority of Roon Tested devices are USB DACs, it’s wider than that … I forgot about those non-USB device that have also been Roon Tested.

I do appreciate how it easy it is for “Roon Tested” and “Roon Ready” to be conflated.

You didn’t make a copy?