Roon Ready Wireless Speakers

I own a pair of the LSX, they were utterly useless over wi-fi, went ethernet and they have been ok though for some unknown reason every few days the sound gets crackles in it, sometimes more frequently. I power cycle them but what a pain, not particularly pleased with them and wouldn’t really recommend

I’ve had nothing but a great experience with my LSX pair, connected via Ethernet and a speaker interconnect cable. Rock-solid feed and sound great. Figured out some Logitech remote sequencing to use the LSXs automatically for my bedroom TV when not playing music.

Just wondering if anyone has any updates on their experiences using wireless speakers that support RAAT/Roon Ready?

If you’re using Wifi (successfully or not) it would be great if you could divulge a little info about your Wifi/network system.

I’m inclined not to go with a CI oriented wireless speaker maker like Bluesound as I wonder if they might go pop! It must be hard manufacturing such a range of products with a relatively small customer base. I know Lenbrook/NAD is alongside/around them but still…

1 Like

I have two Elac Roon Ready speakers Discovery Z3. Typically you run them as a single unit in a room. Is it possible to use both of them in a stereo aka left-right speaker configuration? What do I need to do to accomplish that?

I understand that I can group them and run them in parallel, but that creates two stereo units in one room.

I have 4 Z3’s in the house for whole house music and have played around with 2 Z3 zones in a single room but I didn’t try a mono left and right grouping. It may be possible to do that with DSP but I’ve not tried it.

1 Like