Roon refuses to work iMac

I have uninstalled Roon, trashed the library and started over with a new install — which doesn’t work at all. Roon first suddenly quit, froze, during a Roon radio session a few days ago. Quit the program, restarted and the app refused to play anything. Restarted the imac. No help. Disconnected app from server, reconnected and this time the app refuses to recognize the Imac — which has been the server and operating fine for months and which the app lists as the server. Then came the uninstall-reinstall, which has yielded the Roon spinner, endlessly spinning. Would love to continue using Roon, but this is intolerable. I need either a fix — I hope it’s clear I’m willing to try and will take direction — or I need a refund.

you need to create this post in the Support section and provide the details of you setup

Then people can make suggestions

I’ve moved this to the support threads.

You might like to detail more about the endpoints and networking in your setup

Hi @Paul_Loop,
Please fill out the information requested below:

Describe The Issue

• What’s not working
  • How often the issue occurs

Describe Your Setup

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
  • Audio devices in use
  • Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)

Refer to this article if you have any questions about what information to include.

1 Like