Roon remote 1.8 Android - Audio icons flickering

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Rock on NUC 1.8 latest
Roon Remote Android 1.8 latest

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet Asus RT-AC66u, Netger, Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Lumin U1 (Ethernet), Google Chromecast Wifi

Description Of Issue

Spending more times with various remotes, and various end points. Notice only with Android remote some random flickering from “grey” (or dotted) to full iluminated. Audio is not disturbed, the timeline bar is not disturbed (at least I cannot notice that).

All end points are correctly recognized (I am lucky one with this remote, I have Settings), with correct setups, all works well - just this flickering of those audio end points icons.

Hi, can you tell support which Android device you are using?

Sony Xperia Z Tablet (model:SGP712) Android version 7.1.1 (there is no newer version). Roon 1.7 remote worked well; Win, iOS works well as it relates to the icon

Loaded Roon on the tablet now, to see whther there are any changes. Roon Remote on Android cannot connect to the core. Core is meanwhile upgraded to 1.8 patched. I do not have new Roon remote in Google Play.

I manually reinstalled Roon remote on Android; manually restarted Roon Core and now Roon remote connects (the version in Google play visible to me is from Feb/6 1.8 (build 748) - weird) . Fade/flickering over some of the endpoints (random) is still there.

Resolved with (finally) 756 release. No flickering

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.