Roon Remote App Crashes on Android-14 Based Oppo X7 and OnePlus 12 [Fix Testing in EarlyAccess]

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Hardware Compatibility

Description of Issue

Roon Remote doesn’t work on Smartphones with Chinese Android OS 14. Tested on Oneplus 12 and Xiaomi 14. When starting app it immediately quits.

Roon Server Platform

Roon Optimized Core Kit (ROCK)

Roon Server Specifications

Intel NUC Core i3, NUC10i3FNH, 5Tb external drive connected, RAM 8GB, cable connection to LAN

Connected Audio Devices

IFi Streamer, BlueSound Node 130 both connected by cable to LAN

Home Network Details

Server connected to Tp-link router Archer AX-73 via Ethernet

Hi @Victor_Lopatin,

Thank you for the report. To better equip our QA team as we pinpoint the error, are you willing to submit OS-level logs from the affected Android phone? You’ll need to install ADB (Android development shell) on another computer.

Connect your PC to Android phone and install ADB (instructions are here (all platforms)). Then:

1. Type adb shell in terminal
  2. Type logcat v (ref: Logcat 명령줄 도구  |  Android 스튜디오  |  Android Developers)
  3. Reproduce the problem and let terminal print logs for 3-5 more seconds
  4. Select output from the moment you started the reproduction of the bug till the very end
  5. Upload the log set here and let us know.

Thank you!

i have same problem,and I send reports already

Hi log sent,
I have a OnePlus12,

Hi @Victor_Lopatin, @Florian_LE_GALL, @zhongyan_xia,

We’re zeroing in on a fix. If you’re willing to supply developers with logs to help expedite their efforts, can you please take the following steps at your convenience to securely upload one more set of ADB logs from your Android 14 phones?

1. Type adb shell in terminal
  2. Type logcat v (ref: Logcat command-line tool | Android Studio | Android Developers)
  3. Reproduce the problem and let terminal print logs for 3-5 more seconds
  4. Select output from the moment you started the reproduction of the bug till the very end
  5. Upload the log here and let us know once you have done so:

Upload here

Thank you!

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I think something is broken

I think something is broken

My Roon software won't start up

So basically I installed roon on my new oneplus 12, and it just crashes as soon as I start the app. That's the regular roon app. Roon arc works great.
If I clear the cache I have to log in again so far it works, but as soon as I'm looged in and I'm entering the homescreen of roon it crashes after 1 sec. Works great on my other phone. BTW this new phone is running android 14 if that matters. Thanks in advance, kind regards Aleksandar

Known issue with phones that have Android 14 and custom UIs, RoonLabs are working on a fix, updates will be here in the central tracking thread:

1 Like

alright, thx for a quick reply!

2 Likes

Hi @tpex33, @Victor_Lopatin, @Florian_LE_GALL,

There’s a fix for this issue testing in Early Access. If you’d like to take part in the beta testing, please follow these instructions to move your RoonServer and phone to the EarlyAccess branch.

1 Like

Thanks !!
Working fine for me :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.