Roon Remote app crashing on Samsung S24+ after update (ref#I58FRL)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· I am experiencing freezes or crashes

Describe the issue

The Roon Remote app keeps crashing on startup on my Samsung S24+. This behavior started after the most recent app update. Usually the app opens after 2-3 tries but this behavior is really annoying and I've seen other users on the Google Play store reporting similar issues on their S24 series phones.

Describe your network setup

Xfinity gigabit Internet running through Arris S33 modem. My ROCK core is connected by Ethernet cable to an ASUS RT-AX86U meshed by Ethernet backhaul to an ASUS GT-AX11000 pro router.

Hi @Joel_Wilcox,

We’ve activated diagnostics for your RoonServer to investigate logging around the time period of your report.

Your account is logging network reachability and socket failures with connections to upstream services including Qobuz, Roon APIs, and third-party metadata services. Local network traffic associated with your Samsung phone’s RAATServer instance are also reporting as dropped.

It looks like this network is failing to properly forward traffic to/from ROCK.

Can you please elaborate on this topology and how many satellite units are involved?

In the meantime, are you able to share a video of what you are experiencing when you attempt to open Roon on the Samsung phone? The specific onboarding failure point should help our team pinpoint the crash mechanism. Here’s an upload link.