Roon remote app not connecting to Roon core build 1202

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC615SYH

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Fritzbox 6890 LTE

Connected Audio Devices

Several over Ropiee, directly from NUC some Bose speakers

Description of Issue

Please see the image below. My remote apps can FIND the Roon, but it stays in the “initializing…” mode. Before the latest update all was working fluently.

Replying to my own chain. I removed the client completely & re-installed it. The new client found the same core, but got stuck at “initializing”. Looks like a core issue, any suggestions, what to do next? I can connect the core on its simple webpage and there all seems to be good.

Hey @Matti_Malkamaki,

Can you share a screenshot of the ROCK webUI? How is your core connected to your router? If possible, please hardware via ethernet directly to your router if possible.

With that, lets see if a fresh database changes the behavior for you. Please first make sure you have a recent backup available. Then:

• Stop RoonServer from running in ROCK’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your ROCK’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Roon database folder
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

Thanks! It turned out that I have a hardware failure. The NUC I’m using has been switched on more or less the whole time since 2015, and now it has some issues finding the SSD (it dropped off from BIOS to find it for booting), and also, the network seems to have some issues.

Thanks for your help on this anyway!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.