Roon Remote ( Build 521) keeps hanging on Google Nexus 7(v2) Android Tablet

Roon Remote (Build 521) keeps hanging/ crashing on Google Nexus 7(v2) Android Tablet.

Core Machine
QNAP-TS473 (Build 521)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
The connecting between Core and Remote is WiFi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Nothing related to audio devices.

Description Of Issue

Yesterday. When I was controlling Roon playback via my Google Nexus 7(v2) Android Tablet.
The Remote UI started hanging and stopped reacting touch cmd.
(At the time Remote stuck, the music was still playing - the core and the Bridge on my CAT looked Okay.)
I restarted Roon Remote multiple times, the Remote UI could react normally before it found the Core and hang every time when entering Core Page.

After reinstall 3~4 time Roon Remote and reboot NAS( Roon Core) and did many tests, I found the Roon Remote (Build 511) is still working fine.
(I’d tested many 3rd party backup Roon Remote Since the Google Play copy is build 521, and it seems my Nexus 7(v2) has armeabi-v7a CPU so V8 apk cannot be installed.)

So keeps Core as build 521, but downgrades Remote to build 511 is temporarily a workaround.

(After dinner I found the Remote started hanging again because the Remote had updated to build 521 automatically. I’d closed the feature for now)

Please fix the bug at Roon Remote at build 521.

Hi @Chih_Han_Ko — Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the trouble here.

Our team is currently investigating this issue and we will be sure to update you as soon as we have more information. In the meantime, if you’d like to help out investigation, would you kindly verify the following:

• What version of Android does the Nexus tablet run?
  • Do you have any other remote devices that aren’t experiencing this issue? If so, what kind of remotes are they?

Thanks!

What version of Android does the Nexus tablet run?

Android 6.0.1

Do you have any other remote devices that aren’t experiencing this issue? If so, what kind of remotes are they?

I have a hTC 10(Android 8.0.0) which facing similar issue - but it tend to crash in seconds after it starts hanging.

When you say “hanging” I gather you mean it freezes? Or does it crash?

And this is on a tablet with the standard tablet orientation/layout of the interface?

I’m just curious… Thx.

Hi @miguelito

Yes, I think “freezes” would be a better word to describe what I’d met.
“hanging” is an IT word :slight_smile:

Roon Remote can be ran via landscape orientation only on my Nexus 7 (v2).

Thanks, @Chih_Han_Ko! I’m going to follow up with you regarding some next steps via a PM.

Hi,

I also have the same issue with a Nexus 7(v2) with the same Android version. Build 511 worked just fine.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I’ve posted an update on this issue here:

Roon 1.7 last update crash on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.