Roon remote connects to the core on Android and Windows but Roon won't start

Thanks for letting us know you’ve uploaded the logs. I’ve passed them on to our technical team. We’ll get back in touch as soon as we hear back from them :nerd_face:

Hello @David_Engelhard1 ,

This is Noris from the Roon Labs team, Rebeka escalated your case my way.

Looking into this issue, a few aspects need clarification:

To get out of this state, what are the exact steps that you use to uninstall Roon? Do you do this via the SonicOrbiter web interface and then restore from a backup, or start fresh?

Can you please clairfy what this means? What is the model/manufactuer of your networking gear here?

Do you have any storage attached to the SonicTransporter?

We have recently released a Roon update for SonicTransporter/Linux, can you please verify if updating helps with the issue? You can do this by going to sonicorbiter.com → manage → apps → software manager → update, and then navigate to Roon Settings → About to ensure the latest is installed.

If you notice the issue occurs after the update, can you please stop RoonServer as soon as you notice the issue, zip the Logs folder, and send us the entire Logs folder for review (instead of individual logs)?

Thank you!

Hi Norris I have to uninstall the roon server from the sonictransporter i9
Once I do that roon works briefly. 1 or 2 days. Small green computer up graded the Linux before you released it so there has be no further upgrade
I uninstall through the roon interface I do not use the backup I start fresh and it only works when it feels like it this is the most frustrating year I’ve ever had if I did not have a lifetime license I would have left Roon years ago this is absolutely ridiculous as you might imagine small green computer blames you and you blame small-screen computer so you guys fight it out ridiculous. TP is the router brand the model is AX 6600. I have no storage attached to the sonictransporter it has 4 terabytes of a hard drive built into it. I hope this helps you. can you please settle this quickly finally! Best David Engelhard.
If you’d like to remotely log in to my laptop or i9 to see what’s going on with it if that helps please feel free and we’ll set up an appointment thank you.

David Bond Engelhard

Hello @David_Engelhard1 ,

Thank you for providing those additional details. I spoke to the team regarding your logs, and the trace appears to be storage-related but unfortunately it is generic error, and doesn’t tell us too much.

Can you please include a full log set next time you see this issue? Perhaps one of the other log files will contain further clues. You can upload the set here:

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Thank you!