ROON CORE 1.8 (880)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

I use my Iphone 11 with the last Roon Remote

Connected Audio Devices

PS AUDIO PWD with BRIDGE 2

Number of Tracks in Library

32000 ALBUMS

Description of Issue

I just update My Roon remote and core, when i launch Roon, all my albums are disappeared, when i force a rescan Roon crash immediately, my PS-AUDIO DIRECT STREAM DAC is no longer recognised, it’s the same result with Roon on Windows 11.Thanks.
I installed Roon on my Mac, when i launch it, it crashes immediately.
Will

Hey @Wilfrid_Russodivito,

It’s so unfortunate that this is the result of updating Roon on your system. We’re so sorry :pleading_face:

Even if you haven’t seen the exact error message (There was an issue loading your database), the symptoms you’re describing point to a database corruption. Would you please give this a read?

Hi Rebeka,

I didin’t have Database corruption but only crashes when i launch the remote.
What can i do ?

Thanks.

Wilfrid

That’s great news!

Could you please:

• uninstall Roon on the remote
  • restart the remote
  • reinstall Roon on the remote
  • launch Roon

Done this 8 times, same result. I restore a backup and i keep you inform.
Thanks.

1 Like

Rebeka,
I restore a recent backup and Roon find no albums… and always no PS AUDIO PWD and Force a rescan do nothing.
Wilfrid

As much as I wish this wasn’t the case, no library and no audio devices is a sign of corruption.

Would you please try these steps?

Looks like you may be suffering the same issue as this Update to Roon 1.8 Build 880 corrupts my Roon Core database

Hi Rebeka,
Here the result of steps :

Same result…

I’m very enough of this situation, do something asap.

Wilfrid

1 Like

Hi Simon,

What have you done to resolve the problem ?

The steps of Rebeka doesn’t do anything.

Thanks.

Wilfrid

I have tried restoring all of my Backups, unfortunately none restore and operate.
I have tried my backup ROCK server (a spare NUC for resilience!), which had a Roon Core restored about a year ago, but this suffers the same database corruption.

Something is very wrong here - my Roon system was working just fine in terms of playback, library management, device management. There was nothing to suggest that the underlying database was suffering any form of corruption. If it is was, it would of manifest in some way during the 6 years of daily usage and all day/evening/weekend usage since Build 30, the last time I had to start afresh.

My understanding is that I have to start rebuilding again. With a week to Christmas Eve there is no way I am going to have my Roon library back in the way I had it for the Christmas period. So not happy at all.

I have fallen off the very top of the “Ladder of Loyality” with Roon.
You can’t to speak to anyone at Roon regarding this serious problem
There are no tools provided to recover your library.
No assistance in scanning, trying to fix the corrupted library
No rollback with the release or regression path, in the short-term
No understanding of the impact of losing your personalised library
And at Christmas time. Worst Christmas present ever.
Unfortunately Roon has just lost an advocate of their solution & approach

1 Like

I’m agree with you Simon, it’s the third time i lost evrything and i have 32000 albums and 450 000 flacs and a lot of playlists…

1 Like

I have same problem…

Add images

1 Like

Bonjour Jean-Claude,
Avez-vous fait leur manip pour restaurer ?

Hi Guys,

This is the email of the CEO Roon : enno.vandermeer@roonlabs.com good luck

Sorry for the loss of your Roon Core database

Thanks. I’ve sent an email.

Oui la manip ne fonctionne pas, j’ai du essayer dix fois… et je ne suis pas le seul dans ce cas… Il y a un bug majeur dans leur mise à jour.

Comme d’hab chez Roon, ca fait 3 fois que je perds tout, le produit est super mais c’est des incapable et pas du tout professionnel. Ils ne testent aucune mise à jour et attendent que cela soit les utilisateurs qui ont payés cher le logiciel pour faire le support…

1 Like

Hey @Wilfrid_Russodivito (and all),

I wanted to point you to the latest update on this issue on the consolidated thread:

We will post all future updates here :arrow_up: