Roon remote crashes instantly on S 24 Ultra [Fix Testing in EarlyAccess]

This solved my crashes
Thank you!

1 Like

The same problem. Only I’m not planning to enter so deep. Will wait until the problem will be solved by developer. I suppose the annual fee is dedicated for continuous support. Especially when observing Spotify becoming better and better.

You’re my man - had the same issue but your tip solved the problem…

1 Like

Does not work for me. Even on default driver sometimes issue is gone and app opens perfectly fine. But then randomly it will start crashing again.

2 Likes

Mines crashing now too :sweat_smile: only sometimes though
Hey ho.

Thanks very much, seems to have sorted it.

Or maybe not!
Less frequently but still experiencing some crashes.

I was having the same problem with the remote app crashing constantly and no fix with the driver change in developer options. Interestingly once I installed the Roon community app the remote app is now functioning perfectly. There might be some insight there. It could also be a fluke.

Back to unstable after the app was closed for an hour or so. Crashing repeatedly… So placebo on the community app.

1 Like

Just tried it, didn’t work for me

Also busted on my S24 Ultra, crashes a few seconds after loading the app. Arc won’t allow me to sign in.

Update: Arc now working, Roon Remote still crashing.

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Installation or Setup

Description of Issue

Last Friday I have moved to Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra. The longest time the Roon app manages to stay up was under 30 seconds. As of now the interface shows and crashes immediately. Same is true for the second S24 Ultra in the household.

Roon Server Platform

Windows

Roon Server Specifications

HP Z-series workstation, 32 GB RAM, 1TB storage, connected to a TV via HDMI. I don’t see how is it helpful, as any other devices in the household except for S24 Ultra work flawlessly

Connected Audio Devices

Devialet Phantom

Home Network Details

Ethernet

Screenshot

1 Like

Is it the same issue as is described here:

or here:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-for-android-systematically-crashes-on-samsung-galaxy-s24-ultra/263171

Exactly the same issue - exactly the same phone
Samsung s24Ultra straight out of the box
Roon (build 1357) crashes either instantly or after a few seconds

Roon Server 2.0 (build 1359) Running on 4 bay Synology NAZ

I suspect it is a device issue as my S23Ultra with Android 14 still works fine

Mine too - S24 Ultra
Crashes instantly

Hi everyone,

We appreciate the reports so far. Please note the workaround reported above by @ged_hickman1 might relieve symptoms for some users:

The team is investigating this issue with development and will post updates here as available. Thank you for your patience.

2 Likes

Crashes have returned here too after the fix by ged_hickman1 seemed to work at first …

1 Like

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Performance

Description of Issue

Hi, I have bought the new Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra phone. I have installed ROON correctly. ROON keeps crashing usually 5 to 10 seconds after opening the APP on the S24 phone. I have deleted and re installed the ROON App and it continues to crash. I looked online and I see I am not the only one with this issue. I have gone back to my old Samsung S20 phone in the meantime as ROON works well on that. Please let me know when you have solved this problem with the new Samsung S24 Ultra phones.

Roon Server Platform

Linux (NAS/SonicTransporter/Antipodes/Ubuntu/etc.)

Linux Server Type

Roon Server Specifications

I am not very technical but everything is brand new and the ROON is not woking with the Samsung S24

Connected Audio Devices

Grimm MU1

Home Network Details

Wired to Spark router

1 Like

Works for me too. 1k thanks :pray::+1:t2: