Roon remote crashes

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac mini 2018, mac os catalina latest version,roon 1.7 build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Cable to Mac mini, Wireless 5ghz to iPad pro 12,9 2018

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Usb from Mac mini,to schiit ragnarok 2 dac.

Description Of Issue

Roon remote crashes, white screen with grey icon.

Works perfectly from iPhone x .

Andreas

Hi @Andreas_Trangsrud,

Do you see any error messages appearing in a crash log?
Can you please use these instructions to send me a copy of your Roon logs?
I’d like to take a look.

Her

Deleted

Hello @Andreas_Trangsrud,

Thanks for sending these logs over! I took a look through them and these appear to be from your RoonServer instance.

From your issue description it sounds like just the Roon UI is crashing and RoonServer is working as expected, is this correct?

If so, can I please ask that you instead send the logs from ~Library/Roon instead of ~Library/RoonServer? The Roon logs are the ones we need in this case, not RoonServer.

Thanks!

No i don´t have UI just roonserver, and remote on iPad/iPhone

It´s the remote on iPad thats crashes, sorry if i missleaded you.

Andreas

1 Like

No worries @Andreas_Trangsrud, that makes things a bit simpler even.

I’ve enabled a diagnostics mode for your account and what this should do is have your iPad upload a set of logs to our servers next time it’s active.

Can you open the Roon app on the iPad, use it a few min and let me know when you have done this and I’ll check the server for the report?

That´s god :+1::+1:

1 Like

Hi @Andreas_Trangsrud,

I can confirm that your iPad logs have been delivered. I have located the crash trace and I have requested some feedback from our QA team, I’ll let you know once I have their analysis on the trace!

ok that sounds great :+1:

Andreas

1 Like

Hi @Andreas_Trangsrud,

I spoke to the QA team regarding this issue and we have a few questions, can you please let us know:

1. Has the Roon app ever worked on the iPad in the past - is this a recent issue?

2. Did the issue start occurring after accessing a specific album or tab in Roon?

3. Is there any change in behavior if you try to uninstall and reinstall the Roon app oon the iPad via from the App Store?

1. app has crashed from day one on the ipad from 1-5,7 a day,

2. no not in any specific location

3. i have done that twice

less crashes now for some reasons, 0~2 a day

1 Like

Hi @Andreas_Trangsrud,

Thanks for confirming those details, I have updated the ticket with those notes, I will let you know once I have further details from QA!

Ok …:+1::+1:

Hi @Andreas_Trangsrud,

Thanks again for your patience while I had a chance to discuss your case with QA.

Our next suggestion here would be to see if a fresh Roon database also causes the iPad to crash, can you please use these instructions to perform this test?

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Set up the database as fresh and verify if issue still occurs for a day or two
  • Restore backup made in step 1 if all is working

It´s done,

will be testing it for a few days

1 Like

nothing is better, it ́s back to crashing 4-6 times a day

Andreas

Hi @Andreas_Trangsrud,

Thank you for the further testing! Just to confirm here, setting up the fresh database helped for a few days or not at all?

I’m wondering if iOS Console logs can provide more clues, if you are willing to gather these, I have posted instructions below:

Not at all

Andreas

1 Like

Thanks for confirming @Andreas_Trangsrud. If you are able to access the console logs, please let me know as I’d like to get them over to our QA team for further review.

Yes i will do it over the weekend

i also did a factory reset on my ipad , minimal off apps.

Andreas

1 Like