Roon remote does not occupied the whole screen on iPad

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Rock, version 1.0 build 183, Roon server version 1.7 build 505

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Gigabyte LAN

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB

Description Of Issue

I encountered a few time when launching Roon remote resulted in not occupying the whole screen. The TOP menu is not accessible at all. I’ve close the app and re-launch again. iPad Air 2, iOS 13.2.3. See below.

Hi @MusicFidelity,

Are you running the iPad Air 2 in portrait mode? Are you running this with any 3-rd party extensions?
I ask because as far as I know portrait mode is only supported on the iPad Pro. Does force-quitting the Roon app and opening it again trigger any change in behavior?

Hi,

For what it is worth, I regularly experience this issue with my iPad Pro 11 inch model. I typically keep my iPad locked in portrait mode, and it flips to landscape mode when I open the Roon app. I have observed this issue with version 1.6 and version 1.7. In Roon 1.6, it seemed that I could force quit the Roon app to fix the issue. Lately, it seems that I need to reboot my iPad to restore normal behavior. I am currently running iPadOS 13.2.3.

MacMini 2012 with Roon Core 1.7 Build 505
Gigabit Ethernet LAN / Eero Pro WiFi mesh network (wired backhaul)
KEF LS50 Wireless

I set my iPad to auto rotate, quitting the app does help and return to normal. I don’t have any third party extensions installed.

Hi @MusicFidelity,

Thanks for providing that additional info, can you confirm that you usually keep your iPad locked in portrait mode as well?

@JMP - Thanks for the additional data point!

Nope, I always set to auto rotate mode. Thanks

Hi @MusicFidelity/@JMP ,

I would like to take a look at diagnostics from your iPads when this issue occurs. Can I please ask you to reproduce and let me know the exact local time + date you next see this behavior occur? Afterwards I can enable diagnostics mode for your accounts and see if there is any additional info in the iPad logs.

Will do - should happen sometime tonight or tomorrow AM, as that is when I do most of my listening.

1 Like

Ok, it happened at 9:59 EST on my iPad 11. Interestingly, it wasn’t happening and then I remembered that I recently toggled Keep Screen Awake setting off. I set that back on and then 5 or so minutes later it happened. Force quitting the Roon app does not resolve the issue. See screenshot.

The Keep Screen Awake setting is a red herring. It just occurred again this morning at 6:59AM EST. I believe it is occurring after an initial force quit of the Roon app.

Hi Jason (@JMP),

Thanks for letting me know those timestamps, I have gone ahead and activated diagnostics for your account and what this action does is automatically upload a set of logs to our servers for analysis next time the iPad is online. Once these are received, I will be passing them on to QA for closer inspection.

@MusicFidelity - If you can please let me know some timestamps as well, that might help identify any patterns to this issue.

Thanks!