Roon remote doesn't start on Android Tablet after update to 354

@support

Roon remote on my Android Tablet won’t start [(Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Android version 4.4.2)].
Message reads: “Unfortunately Roon Stopped Working”). This happened after what seems to have been an update to version 354 (Roon 1.5). It was working until 2 days ago (with version 323 I believe). I have Roon Rock on a NUC. Everything works fine when I use my PC as a remote to output to a Win 10 PC and/or Bluesound Node2. The problem is only with using the Android Tablet as output.

Try a deinstall then reinstall, sometimes works.

Tried the deinstall and reinstall routine. Alas, did not work. I have Android version 4.4.2. Can’t seem to update that to a later version. Perhaps some new feature in Roon is making it incompatible with an older version of Android. Not sure. I’m hoping someone from @support will help on this. Perhaps if I can go back to the earlier version my problem will be solved. I don’t need fancy features. The Android Tablet is just a dumb remote.

In google play store it says 4.4 required so that seems OK.

Hey @Sucheta_Mazumdar — Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the difficulties here!

A recent change in Roon has caused this behavior to occur with older versions of Android (specifically 4.4.2). This is something that the team is currently working on a solution for. You can read more in this thread:

Thanks!

1 Like

Many thanks for the update.