Roon remote freeze on Windows 10 1903

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC7I5BNK with ROCK Version 1.0 (build 175) stable / Version 1.6 (build 416) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Synology RT2600AC router / Core linked with ethernet cable Cat 7

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Kef LS50W

Description Of Issue

Very frequently I’m experiencing freezing on my Roon Remote installed on my Windoiws 10 PC. Playback continues, but the UI is unresponsive unless closing it and open it again.
Roon is up to date.
Most of the time screensaver was active before I noticed the freezing.
The only thing I can say is that this problem seems to be occuring since Windows 1903 update a few weeks ago. I do not remember having experienced this before.

Hi @AdZero,

Does this behavior only occur when you are on a specific screen in Roon? Have you tried reinstalling the Roon Remote client on your Windows 10 PC? You can reinstall the client by using these instructions (Note: do not reinstall your ROCK database, just the client):

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location (on windows this is %localappdata%)
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder

Hi @noris,

I can’t be 100% sure that this problem occurs on a specific screen. I’m pretty sure it happened on both the queue screen, album view, …

I just made a clean install of Roon Remote on the PC and will continue to track this problem.

I’ll come back a little bit later with more info.

Just to be clear, Roon setup in client mode, NOT, Roon Remote which is the iOS and Android clients. Other users may (have actually) gotten confused when users refer to a client PC install as Roon Remote when such a product actually exists.

The same problem happened once again.

Screensaver (or screen sleep) was active when I came back to the computer. Switching to Roon App showed a frozen window and progress bar for the current track whereas music was playing.

Let me know how investigate this further.

Hi @AdZero,

Are you graphics drivers on the Windows 10 PC up to date? Since the Windows 10 PC is not acting as the Core, can you make a Backup of your current database and then reinstall the Roon app on the W10 PC? You can use these instructions to perform the App reinstall on the W10 PC:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder

Hi.

My graphics drivers are up to date and I already made a clean install with your suggested procedure.

Any other suggestion ?

Thank you.

Hi @AdZero,

Apologies for suggesting the reinstall procedure twice, I just realized I already mentioned it earlier in the thread.

Can you please let me know the exact local time + date when you next experience this behavior and then manually send me a copy of the logs from your Windows 10 PC by using these instructions?

The best way to get them over to me would be via a shared Dropbox / Google Drive link.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.