Roon Remote Freezes Issue with Nucleus Plus (ref#R066AA)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

Sometimes I can connect, sometimes I can't

Roon remote freezes after a couple of minutes nearly every time using the iOS app. Need to restart it to reconnect.

This happes with end points that are not Sonos. I have Nucleus Plus.

Hi @Paul_Nolan1,
Welcome to the Roon community! Do these freezes happen when switching back and forth between the remote and other apps?

No, not necessarily. It happens even if I don’t switch. Been happening since the update before last.

Paul

Hi @Paul_Nolan1,
Please give us some more detail on what happens when you experience the freezing. Also, next time the freeze happens please let us know the date, local time, and if applicable track playing when it happened. After we have this information we will activate diagnostics on your account and investigate further.

Hi there, It pretty much happens 95% of time I play something not from Sonos. One example is when i was playing ‘Ocean of emptiness’ by Deepchord and Echospace. I noticed was frozen at 6 minutes 1 second at 19.50 UK time on 19th March.

Hi @Paul_Nolan1,
You are likely experiencing a performance issue that we’ve been investigating. We have some changes releasing soon that may help you.

Hi Daniel

If the release today was meant to solve the issue in this ticket then I confirm that the hanging issue still exists. Let me know if you have any questions.

Paul

Thanks for letting us know. We will be continuing the investigation into your issue.

I am experiencing this same issue almost every time I launch ROON Remote in iPhone 14 pro.

I have to re-launch remote app again to control ROON.

It happened today as well.

@Alex_Moon-Gi_Koh to get help please open your own thread on this. Often symptoms may look the same but be caused by different things. So you’ll get the most help by opening a thread for yourself.

When can expect a response on this, do you need further information?

This is an ongoing bug …

there are multiple support threads in the forum in a royal PIA , I go back to iPad to stop a track and the app has frozen and needs restarting

Given the number of iOS users this should be a priority fix

1 Like