Roon Remote iOS App Freezing Issue (ref#W5EVFB)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

Something else

How can we help?

I am experiencing freezes or crashes

I have the Roon Remote app on my iPhone and my iPad. I have been having issues for quite sometime, in that after a short time of use, it freezes and I can no longer use the device as a control. The only way to make it work again is to delete the app and it again, or to turn off my device off and turn it on again. I have read reports of this being a well known problem, so why hasn’t it been corrected? It’s a major hassle in using your service. Please help!

I would like here to note that this freezing problem is not specific to the IOS remote app. I have been experiencing similar freezes on Android for many months now. Hoping the Roon team will fix it.
Best,

2 Likes

Yep, me too.

1 Like

Been a thing for too long.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/ios-glitches-with-ui-and-app-stops-working-after-inactivity-iphone-13-ipad-12-others-investigating/256350/104

1 Like

Hi @Andre_Gosselin,
Thanks for writing in to let us know about this issue. This has been an ongoing issue that the team is developing a fix for but I cannot comment on a timeline due to company policy. Rest assured it is being worked on.

Hi @daniel

Am I correct that this fix relates to iOS devices specifically though, as based on what I read earlier from a few days ago would suggest it is.

I to have an Android smartphone and was hindered by these events also. Felt like a wider issue last night though, as the day before didn’t appear to be as bad.

I was also seeing higher CPU and RAM use at the same time (DietPi).

@Menzies We are putting out a general performance-related release. If you are still experiencing the grayed-out artwork issue let us know the timestamps so we can look into it.

Cheers @daniel :+1:

The freezing issue has just started with my iPhone and iPad. Never happened before.
Just wondering if it’s related to latest Roon update?

Hi @Jeffrey_Kenton,
I’m sorry to hear you’re having that issue. We can best help you if you start your own thread. You can do that by pressing the get help button at the top of this page Support - Roon Labs Community.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.