Roon remote - iPad or second Windows device with desktop app Roon fail to connect with core computer

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
All devices and wifi network reset doesn’t help.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Streamer Mytek Brooklyn Bridge.

Description Of Issue
After long time working properly remote device - iPad and other Windows computer with desktop Roon app fail to connect to core computer.

Roon desktop app on core computer works properly controling output audio device.

Hi @Marcin_Graczewski,

Can you describe your networking setup? What router is in use? How are your devices connected?

If you go to Settings > Setup and toggle the remote connections setting is there any change?

Dear Dylan,

Thank you for the prompt response. It looks like the problem was firewall settings. I fixed it . My firewall Mc Afee. See screenshots. Setting – internet connection for applications- open for all devices is ok. Before setting was – use designated ports .
Problem is that smth has changed just last days , because I was using always default „designated ports” for Roon app and it was ok. Just yesterday I tried to connect remote to core and only after diging in firewall ( see photos ) it started to work again. Should I use any alternate settings to optiomize safety vs Roon functions?
I’ like to take advantage and ask – may I use more than one core ?
I use one year subscription now and I’m going to buy life time before exiration on my annual , but :frowning: Roon increased price meanwhile , what I noticed … Life time was around 500$ and is now 699$ . In this case I may not go into it. Is any option for already customers , or is possible to communicate to your marketing about it …?

Best regards
MArcin Grączewski

Im not sure if the screen shots were attached to my previous correspondence

Hi @Marcin_Graczewski,

Glad you were able to narrow down the issue to the firewall!

You can have one “active” Roon Core at a time, but you are free to switch between Cores as often as you wish.

You can also have an unlimited number of Roon Remotes/Clients connected to the Core, the Roon Remotes expose their audio devices to the Core, so if you just want to add the functionality of Roon you can use a Roon Remote or Client to connect to the Core. Note, your Core still needs to be powered on and active on the network for the Roon Remotes/Clients to be able to connect to it.

This is the new price unfortunately. The reason as to why we made this change is extensively discussed in this thread:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.