Roon remote not finding Core on Samsung Chromebook

I have a Roon Core running on a PC on my home network. Roon remote is installed on most of my mobile devices, and works well except for one device: a Samsung Chromebook.

The app is installed fine, and starts scanning/searching for the Core but never finds it. If I try and add the IP address of the Core, it still doesn’t work.

It’s not critical for me because i have other Android devices that I can use, but it would be nice to have the option.

Hi @Andrew_Jameson,

At the moment Chromebook is not a supported Roon remote device. You have our apologies for the inconvenience.

Well, that was an easy reply. Is there something about their architecture that stops the app working? It would be nice if the Playstore App could work at some point in the future as they are becoming a popular replacement for Android tablets.

Thanks for the reply.

Hi @Andrew_Jameson,

We’ve looked into this in the past, but unfortunately Chromebooks handle networking a bit different than most devices. Mike explains this here:

1 Like

I got my Chromebook to work with the core on my Win10/64 PC by going into the Windows Firewall settings and allowing the item that controls communication with another machine but only on a local network. Then I typed in the IP address of the core machine directly in Roon Remote on the Chromebook. Connects every time now. Try it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.