Roon remote on iPad does not connect to core on PC

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Dell PC / i5 / Widows 10 64 bit / most recent Roon build number

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

AT&T router / WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Pro-Ject Stream Box Ultra S2 / USB connection to Benchmark DAC2

Description Of Issue

For several days now Roon remote on my iPad Air 2 will not connect to the Core. I deleted the Remote app and then reloaded it twice but this did not solve the problem. I have confirmed that all networking gear is operating OK.

Until this problem started the Remote app was connecting to the Core without an issue. In addition, I can successfully play music from the Core on my PC without using the Remote app on my iPad. Therefore it seems to me that the problem is with Roon and not my audio system or networking.

I have not yet checked the McAffee firewall settings but I have made no changes to its settings since this problem started, so I would not think it would be the problem.

I would appreciate your suggestions.

Have you had any windows updates?

There have been no Windows updates since the problem started, that I am aware of.

Problem solved! Newbie mistake.

Somehow I managed to to turn off the switch in settings allowing Remotes to connect to the Core. Easily fixable but it drove me crazy trying to find the problem.

Thankfully everything is now working swimmingly in Roonville.

1 Like

Everyone has one of those now and then.

Hello @Randall_Gingrich, glad things are working well again! Please let us know if you have further questions, we’re happy to help!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.