Roon Remote, Roon Essentials difference

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
HP Desktop running Windows 10 and the last update for Roon.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet cable from router to server/streamer.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
I am using an Antipodes DS server/streamer with all my CDs ripped into it. Also stream Tidal. All accessed via iPad

Description Of Issue
When I have had to reload the Roon Remote onto the iPad, there is a download option for Roon Essentials.

Should I just continue to use Remote or is there a benefit or a problem to be had by using the Essentials instead?

You should use Roon Remote in conjunction with a Roon Core, which is what’s running on the Antipodes.

Roon Essentials is a stripped down version of Roon that’s AFAIK only being used by Elac at the moment.

1 Like

Thanks for the simple prompt reply and advice BlackJack.

Roon Essentials is not implemented in Antipodes servers,

Thanks for the reply Tony.
Seeing it appear as an option when I install the Remote app on my iPad just had me wondering as to what the Essentials purpose and capabilities were.
Sometimes the iPad refuses to connect to the server and I have found that deleting and reinstalling the app usually fixes the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.