Roon Remote scroll lag

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is anything that can be done about the sluggishness of roon and more importantly, roon Remote.

On all my devices the software runs fine, but scrolling isn’t completely smooth. I’m not talking about an actual issue here, but about perfecting. I bought a Xiaomi 6 Pro yesterday that I solely use for Roon Remote and even on this tablet it doesn’t scroll with a smooth 144hZ. When I switch to another app everything’s smooth.

This tablet is extreme overkill to use as a remote, so this has to be a software issue on the Roon side of things. If I can play 144 hz games on this tablet, I should be able to scroll in roon. Any way I can allow Roon Remote to use more resources? Or does the app need to be optimized better?

this has been a on going problem since 1.8 update, its terrible on iPhones and was the same on my iPad Pro until last year ,the iPad remote ui is nearly stutter free but still not as smooth as the tidal app, the iPhone app is a stutter feasts can’t even use it,alot of people cancelled because Roon can’t fix it ,if they could they would have years ago

1 Like

I have severe scrolling issues on Android and have for what seems like forever:

I have a video of the problem in that thread.

Hmmm that is not the problem I have though. Your issue looks really annoying! Hope for you it’ll be resolved soon.