Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wired 1gb ethernet plugged into Cisco switch

Connected Audio Devices

Sonore Opti-Rendu
Schiit Yggy

Number of Tracks in Library

60k+ tracks

Description of Issue

My issue is focused on a specific remote Roon computer connecting to Core.

I have had stability issues with Roon and my new Mac Studio. On this machine, it is simply acting as a remote or client into the Core (mini). I had done a fresh install of Roon on the Studio, letting it pull everything it needed from the Core. Roon would crash on the Studio from time to time. Today it can not connect to Core. It is stuck on the select a Core screen, stating Core is Initializing.

More details:
A Mac laptop also running Roon 933 connects to Core fine.
My iPad connects to Core fine.
Only the Studio has problems.

Within the log, there is the following entry repeated over and over again:

04/25 17:23:06 Critical: scx: in OnExit: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Sooloos.Broker.Music.Library.EndMutation () [0x00013] in <1da27793c3fa41c0a332a4ee26632e4c>:0 
  at Sooloos.Broker.Music.Module.ev_exit () [0x00006] in <1da27793c3fa41c0a332a4ee26632e4c>:0 
  at Sooloos.SynchronizationContextThread.OnExit () [0x0000a] in <7ed7ebd822ef4d6fa88f4c8aa2e945a0>:0

In my attempt to clear out and start over, I replaced the Roon application. On the Studio it was much larger than the original 933 file. It didn’t change anything. I also cleared out everything Roon based in Library. No change.

From all of this, it is isolated to the Studio. The Intel laptop doesn’t have an issue. The M1 Mini never faulters in the 1+ years it has been running. What can I do to further trouble shoot the issue or clear out the Init trouble on my client computer?

Thanks
-Mike M.

Nope, looks like your Mini is running Build 931. Probably should do an update.

1 Like

Hi, @redflatcat, thank you for your post. Could you, please, tell me if I understand correctly the following:

• You have a core running on a MacMini with M1 chip
  • You are able to connect to this Core using your iPad, but in case you are trying to use a Roon Remote on Mac Studio M1 (64GB RAM) OS 12.3.1 it’s not possible to connect to your Roon Core on MacMini
  • The log snippet that you posted is coming from a log file from your Roon Core on a MacMini with M1 chip. May I kindly ask you to upload the whole package with log file from your Roon Core, please?

Thanks!

–
Ivan

My screen shot was before I upgraded Core. I did catch it before posting, but it still fails.

It takes 3 attempts to start Roon on the Studio before it will get to the connect screen. Only the Studio has an issue. All other Roon Remote clients function perfectly.

What else can I do on the Studio Mac to debug the issue?

Sorry, not a Mac user. I think @ivan needs the logs from your Core.

This KB article tells you how to find logs…

Good luck.

1 Like

Hi Ivan

You have it correct. Core is on an M1 MacMini. All other Apple devices can connect to Core w/o trouble. Only Roon on the Mac Studio has issues. It will crash 2-3 times when attempting to start Roon on the Mac Studio, then it gets stuck at the Connect/Init screen. Roon on the Studio hasn’t been all that stable since I got the machine. When it did connect (before 933), it would crash when the display locked.

I have uploaded the log folder from Core, using my email address in the file name.

Thanks
-Mike M.

I have solved the issue of a Remote not connecting to the Core.

I upgraded everything to 936 & restarted the Studio. With that, Roon allowed the machine to connect to Core. It did lose my preferences, though.

I didn’t think to restart, as the machine was stable at 30 days up time since its last update.

If a Roon upgrade and restart is required, it may mean Roon is not cleaning up something.

Thanks
-Mike M.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.