Roon Remote won't connect to Core, kick me back and forth login screen & Connect screen

Roon Core Machine

Lenovo ideaCentre Mini 5, Win11, I7-10700T, 16Gb RAM, 512 SSD

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Both Roon Remote and Roon Core Wired thru a Qnap Switch. NO wifi.
Qnap NAS music server is up and running, also connected to Qnap Switch.

Connected Audio Devices

Roon remote connected to USB Denafrips Ares II

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

First thing, all my other Roon remote works fine, for example, on my Android phone to play music on my Sonos system, 851N, and Node. However, my PC Roon Remote won’t connect.

The program detects my Core, so I clicked “Connect” then it would presented the login screen, which I’d put in my login and password. However it would kicked me back to the previous screen. So I’m stuck in a loop. I’ve then proceed to uninstall and reinstall three times, same thing. Please help.

It sounds like the core is running fine and still thinking what does the windows logon want from me, I’m still logged on.

Does rebooting to the router fix this little computer clutter on Windows 11? Is everything up to date including the manufacturer’s graphics and audio drivers?

Would a second step uninstall and reinstall be an option for you? That only makes sense if you can’t find a solution with a simple restart and don’t lose anything because the 2700 titles are quickly read in again. If you need your history (what did I hear, what did I edit…), reinstalling is not a solution.

Then there are smaller intermediate steps, where only parts (cache, special folders…) are renamed or removed, so that it is rebuilt in parts when restarting. If you are not very experienced with computers, it is better to only take the first or second step, because that usually seems easier.

Tell us more about your experiences, the Roon team will be there for you again on Monday. The volunteers here also have many ideas and complement my explanations.

Greetings,

The Lenovo is updated graphic/audio-wise. Uninstall and reinstall didn’t help on the Remote side.
I guess if it comes to worse I can always just reinstall Core, but that would be my last step.
Thanks!

1 Like

I have no patient…ended up reset my PC and I can Remote control my Core now. No idea why the computer decided not giving me access to the dang software. It solved now. Please close this topic.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.