Roon requires frequent login

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro / i9, 16gb RAM, Library on a USB non-SSD (takes a moment to spin up when idle) / Roon version 1.7, build 610, Trial version

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Apple Airport Extreme, Wifi, I use Roon Remote over that Wifi network on two android devices, but they don’t seem to be related to my issue

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 1st Generation, USB

Description Of Issue

I have to frequently login to the Roon software. Although it doesn’t happen every single time that I start Roon up, it does seem to happen at least once a day that I use it. It has required login multiple times per day in certain cases. The last time it happened was earlier today. I have used Roon with and without both Tidal and Qobuz services and that doesn’t seem to make a difference. I wish I could provide more detail about exactly when it happened, but I’m getting towards the end of my trial and figured I should get this ticket out there before I have to make my decision if I’m going to buy. I want to be able to be able to play my local library in the event that I don’t have internet (it happens sporadically).

All the best,
Ben

This morning the Roon software asked me to log in again. 6:47AM CST.

The Roon software asked me to log in for the second time today. 5:26 PM CST.

The Roon software asked me to login again right now. 12:39 AM CST.

There must be something weird going on with your Core install. Check your antivir software for historical activites correlated to Roon?

Hi Mikael,

I am not running antivirus software. I just now uninstalled Roon (I did not delete settings and music library), re-download it, and re-installed it. It launched without requiring login.

I’ll leave a note here if it requires login soon.

Cheers,
Ben

This also indicates there is something wrong with your install.
If it starts up without needing a login must mean there was a database configured with the same UUID as the one that was uninstalled.
Have you installed/uninstalled in different user contexts?

Same here… , today is my yearly subscription renewal date… and the system started to prompt me for login (mail/pass), after which it tells me there is an active core… need to press back where it is displayed… then pressing connect is running into the same cycle (login screen etc…)

Mikael,

When I uninstalled Roon, I told it to leave my settings and library in place (without deleting them). There is an option during uninstall to select that.

I have not installed nor uninstalled Roon under any other user contexts.

This morning again, at 6:59 AM CST, Roon required me to log in.

Hello @Ben_Johanek, and thanks for your report! In, a moment, I’m going to PM you with another step, but for this thread, I’d like to enable diagnostics for your account and get a report over to our team for further analysis.

At your next opportunity, could you please sign into Roon on the core so the diagnostic report can upload? Thanks!

Hi Nuwriy,

I launched Roon and it started up without requiring a login. It is logged in now with the Core running. I’ll leave it running now.

Cheers,
Ben

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.