Roon Rock Core Unresponsive

Roon Core Machine

INTEL NUC NUC5I7RYH i7 5557U 3.10Ghz 5th Gen Computer w/512 SSD/16GB DDR3

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router is Asus AX6000, the Roon NUC is plugged into the router directly.

I also have an Eversolo DMP-A6 plugged directly into the router. The A6 has a 4 TB SSD drive where the music files are stored and shared over the network using SMB.

Connected Audio Devices

Eversolo DMP-A6 connected with copper cable to router.

Musician Pegasus DAC connected to A6 via USB

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I installed a 512 GB SSD Nvme drive, added an 8 GB memory module, and removed the 500 GB spinning drive from the Intel NUC5i7 yesterday then installed a new Roon Rock OS and restored a previous Roon database from backup. It was working fine yesterday. This morning it was not responding. I restarted the NUC using the power button.

It is working fine now, but Is there a log that might tell me why it became unresponsive?

I submitted the logs from the /Data/RoonServer/ folder to the Roon Log upload site with my name as the file name.

Thank you

I installed a 512 GB SSD Nvme drive, added an 8 GB memory module, and removed the 500 GB spinning drive from the Intel NUC5i7 yesterday then installed a new Roon Rock OS and restored a previous Roon database from backup. It was working fine yesterday. This morning it was not responding. I restarted the NUC using the power button.

Is there a log that might tell me why it became unresponsive?

Yes. How to access the logs is documented in:

Thank You, I submitted the logs from the /Data/RoonServer/ folder to the Roon Log upload site.

I am not sure how to let a representative know of this?

I thought you wanted to look into the log files yourself?

Don’t just upload files, create a support thread and wait until a support representative asks you for logs.

Alright, thank you for your help.

1 Like

I moved everything into this one new support thread so it’s all contained in one area.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.