Roon/Rock doesn't find Chromecast Endpoint

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Optimized Core Kit Version 1.6 (build 401) stable 64bit
on a Intel NUC i7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Chromecast Audio with an ethernet dongle having the IP 192.168.178.23, ROCK has the IP 192.168.178.51

Description Of Issue

In Settings -> Audio the Chromecast Audio is not found. I plugged of the Chromecast (rebooted it) but it hasn’t an effect.

What can I do to make the Chromecast available for Roon?

Thank you very much for your support!

Can you see the ChromeCast using Googles Home software?

Yes, I can. And I can stream with Tidal on my Android phone to that device.

I take it you have other Roon endpoints that do show up? Or are you using ChromeCast only?

I have two Yamaha systems, they can speak Airplay. Roon recognizes them.

Odd not sure what could be going on, best get @support to see if they have any ideas.They may want to know you network topology and hardware used for the network to debug.

Hi @Su_und_Bene_Kaless,

Can you describe your current network topology? What networking hardware is in use? What device is the Core and Chromecast connected to?

HI sure, but I think there is nothing special :wink: The Core is connected to a 1Gbit network switch. The Chromecast is connected with a UGREEN Ethernet Adapter to the same switch. Because of structural reasons the switch is connected with a powerline-set with a Fritz.Box 7590.

Does this description help?

Hi @Su_und_Bene_Kaless,

As mentioned in our Networking Guide, we typically recommend against powerline adapters when possible as we’ve seen this type of behavior stem from them. It’s hard to say just yet if that is the cause of what you’re experiencing, but it is something to keep in mind as we move forward with troubleshooting.

What is the model of the switch you’re using? Is it managed?

If you use WiFi instead of the Ethernet adapter does the same behavior occur here?

Hi,

it is a simple 8port Netgear unmanaged Switch. On friday I will try to replace the Chromecast by a Raspberry running Roopie (yeah) and try to use wifi for the Chromecast.

Best
Bene

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.