Roon rock is jumping over tunes (HQPlayer)

Sorry, I have revolten serveras times but it does not help! I was refering to teinstalling!

Just a note, but in your settings you are asking for 44.1k x1024 (DSD1024) as output rate.

Which DAC is this?

Yulong da 9! As I wrote earlier it can handle 256.
I have tried 44,1k* 256 but it is the same problem!
And these settings worked before!
But as I showed earlier why is Hqplayer loosing xCORE Audio = the device and why are the correct parameters shown in Roon but not in Hqplayer! This must be the problem! The question is why?!?!

Specs donā€™t mention if it is 48xDSD capable, then to stay on the safe side you should uncheck the 48k DSD option

I did but still have the same problem! And as I said, it worked before reinstalling Ununtu Studio and upgrading to Hqplayer 4.20.2
How can I see if I have AVX2 build? I dont know what I had before! Can this be the cause?

Have you tried using poly-sinc-gauss?

It should be part of the name of the file you downloaded

I have tried poly-sinc-gauss! No difference!
In the new Ubuntu Studio I cannot find downloaded?!? Dont know how to do!

Roon is now playing! It seems Roon is running with the old parameters!

The parameters in HQplayer look like this

I have changed parameters in HQplayer but they are not confirmed!

A synchronization issue between Roon and HQP? ā€¦ cannot help on Roon as I donā€™t use it

Must be something like that!

By the way I found out the version! May that be a problem?

Donā€™t think so ā€¦ if it were wrong it shouldnā€™t work at all

But it dies not work! I have changed syncrosettings Roon/HQplayer, HQplayer fonds the device and confirms the new settings! But Roon says it cannot find HQplayer!

Coming to this late and not read whole thread.
Does it have a different IP address?
I booted up my Mac M1 over Xmas to play HQP and it didnā€™t work as it could not find it. I had to delete it from Roon and add it under itā€™s new IP address.

1 Like

That is exactly what I have done! HQplayer finds the DAC but Roon does not find HQplayer!

Ok strange one as that was exactly what I saw.
Took me a little while to remember that it was linked to IP.
I deleted the HQP Audio setting and created a new one and instantly I had a working Roon->HQPLAYER session. It instantly crashed but that was my fault for leaving it without working settings the last time I used it :flushed:

Now I have established contact between Roon and HQplayer! But it is not playing, ā€ empty transportā€, see picture!

As said before I donā€™t know anything about Roon but ā€¦ deleting the HQP zone in Roon and recreating it could help

Thank you Stefano! Thats what I did!

For starters, please revert back to something that should work for you

Filter:
1x = poly-sinc-gauss-long
Nx = poly-sinc-gauss-hires-lp
Modulator = ASDM5EC
Bitrate = 11289600 (44.1 x256)

Uncheck ā€œ48k DSDā€. Set ā€œAdaptive rateā€ to unchecked.

1 Like