Roon rock is jumping over tunes (HQPlayer)

After having installed Hqplayer again I have this new problem!
Hqplayer is installed on a NUC 10 i7. If I jump back it sometimes plays the skipped tune! Sometimes when pausing a tune it will not play again? It is playing in Roon but no sound!

Moved to #support and edited title to reflect HQP

Hmm. I would suggest that this is probably an HQPlayer issue. Also, running it on a NUC? Check the CPU processing requirements for the filters and modulators you are trying to run. The NUC may not have the power to run them cleanly.

I am running exactly the same filters and modulators as before I reinstalled Ubuntu Studio and Hqplayer4desktop and never had this problem before! Does version 4.20.2 require more processor capacity than 4.17?

You need to ask hqplayer support.

I moved this to the HQ Player category where you may get more focused support for your question.

No, actually less, assuming you are using same type of build for both. I assume AVX2 build in this case?

When you switch tracks from Roon, HQPlayer itself cannot skip tracks, because there are no tracks visible to the HQPlayer. When you skip tracks, the stream (may) change, but concept of tracks doesn’t really exist in Roon-HQPlayer combination. Tracks are entirely within Roon realm.

But it may seem like skipping tracks if you switch tracks faster than HQPlayer can keep up with stream changes.

I am not switching tracks! If I play a normal playlist it goes to the next track! In Roon I can see that the track is playing but no sound in my speakers! It can do so for serveral tracks and then suddenly it plays again?!?
Like when I am writing this just now in another room! Suddenly it starts playing a tune!
Please, I need help!

Not knowing your settings, but sounds like something that would happen if you have 48k DSD selected and you are trying to output 48k DSD to a DAC that doesn’t support it. Then they usually go mute. And you have music back when output switches to 44.1k DSD.

I use exactly the same settings as before I reinstalled Ubuntu Studio and updated HQplayer from 4.17 to 4.20!
I disabled 48kDSD but no difference!
DAC can handle DSD 256.

Sorry, sent the wrong picture! Here is the correct with Device xCORE USB Audio 2.0!

I could be wrong but minringFIR-lp (like minringFIR-mp) has integer Ratio and it won’t play any 48k family file if you’re upsampling to DSDx44.1 as I have just tried on my system

Well, that may be true but it worked before without any problems! I am only playing DSD! What do you recommend instead?

Any filter you like that have any as Ratio (see the HQP help page).
Just to verify if it works you can try with poly-sinc-gauss

Just tried poly-sinc-gauss! No difference!

What dac are you using?

I am really puzzled! Its now playing with my settings above, but the computor shows something different! And the device is lost! It even changed to a new tune?!? I dont understand anything!

This is showen in Roon

… me too sorry.
Maybe a full reboot of everything could help

1 Like

Thank you Stefano! Maybe that is What I have to do if noone else has an idea?!