Roon rock is jumping over tunes (HQPlayer)

Thank you Jussi! Now it is playing but I still habe the issue that if I jump a tune Roon shows it is playing but no sound!
I notice when changing parameters the computor is very slog! Can this be the issue?

….very slow……

One more thing! I have instructed to play SDM (DSD) but it is playing PCM?!?

Do you have Roon on the same computer? Is the DAC disabled at Roon Settings → Audio?

For some reason, DSD capability is not detected correctly. Could be something interfering, such as PulseAudio.

Roon rock is on a separate NUC. How do you disable DAC? I only have HQplayer and they find Rachel other!
I dont know what PulseAudio is!

OK, that is not a problem then.

PulseAudio is the Linux audio server doing mixing and sample rate conversion. Similar to the equivalent components in Windows and macOS. HQPlayer is supposed to bypass PulseAudio, but sometimes PA hogs the devices and prevents HQPlayer from correctly accessing the device.

But I would recommend to take a look at HQPlayer log file when you experience these problems to see if there are any errors or hints there what could be the reason. You can enable log file from HQPlayer settings and then restart HQPlayer. The file is plain text file and can be found in directory “~/.hqplayer”

1 Like

Thank you Jussi! I will check!

I tried ~/.hqplayer in terminal but it did not work!
How?

This is What I find

Trying to install avx2 instead but failing! Package ”libomp5-14” not installed!

i ran $ sudo apt install -f ; sudo apt autoremove --purge and it found the missing part!
Now it works, but Roon cannot find HQplayer!

It seems the new version is not installed!
A new version is available in a software channel!
I suppose they mean 4.21.0 which I just found on your Webster! I installed it but still Roon rock can not find HQplayer!!

Where is the log file?

Check that you have the “Allow network control” button pressed in the toolbar. Now it looks like it is not.

HQPlayer4Desktop.log is the log file.

1 Like

Thank you Jussi! Now it plays again with the same problem! How do I open the loggfile?

Manager to open. Do you see anything here?

Nothing particularly special, but hard to say anything from a small portion of the file.

Few notes are that you have input device configured while you don’t seem to have input device. So better set the input backend to “[none]”. And that one error is maybe because you have opened settings dialog during playback?

Just for information. I have a similar setup: Roon Rock running on a NUC, HQPlayer installed on a separate PC to which my DAC is connected via USB. I could play a local file in HQPlayer but Roon was unable to connect to HQPlayer… until I found your comment “Check that you have the “Allow network control” button pressed in the toolbar” and now it works :sweat_smile:

1 Like

At least now it does not switch to PCM when playing!
I notice that when using settings the computor is very slow! Can this be the reason? Can I change settings to allow more time?