Roon rock is jumping over tunes (HQPlayer)

It is exactly as you describe! Unfortunately I dont have another DAC! But my friends DAC showed the same problem in my system but plays 1182 in his system!
I agree there must be a problem with DAC, USB cable or……could it be network cable or even Roon ROCK?

Could be. My Roon Server is running on Debian 11. But I don’t think the ROCK vs Debian matters here. If HQPlayer seems to be playing in those cases it is unlikely an issue between Roon and HQPlayer.

I would look into what are the other differences between your system and your friend’s system. Other than the Roon version. Or did anything change in your system regarding hardware between working and non-working.

No changes in my system!
The only difference between our systems is that he has Roonserver on a Windows computor and I have Rock!

Another difference: I have a 7 TB SSDdisc with musicfiles in the same NUC as Rock! My friend has the Music on a USBdrivw!

Some DACs can get confused with rapid sample rate changes between tracks, and what’s most confusing is that may work with some upstream system/software and then start failing when the upstream system/software changes because the exact timing of the rate change is slightly different. On Roon, go to Settings>Audio>Device Setup for your HQPlayer device, and add a bit of delay in Resync delay to see if that improves the situation.

Well, now I have reinstalled Roon Rock, taken out the 8 TB 2,5” SSD disc from Roon NUC and playing Music from my server/Qobuz and I have still the same problem!
I have also tried different synctimes but still same problem!
I am condidering buying a new NUC with Rock installed! Do you think this will solve my problem?

No, I don’t think that will solve the issue.

Based on the errors in kernel log, I suspect the DAC or some compatibility issue between DAC and the NUC.

I would first go back to check if you can reproduce this with standalone HQPlayer, without Roon. It would happen in cases where output rate changes as result of changing the track.

I am now playing exactly as my friend! Roonserver on Windows with Xmos 2.0 and a new USB cable from NUC to DAC! Same problem!
I will check my DAC in my friends system tomorrow!
The only thing then left is to change is the switch and the networkcables?!

As @jussi_laako also suggested, your problem does really seem a rate change glitch between your NUC and your DAC. I doubt the NUC or your network are at fault. Did you ever try what I suggested with adding resync delay in Roon?

As I wrote in my earlier post I have tried all different resync times but the problem remains!
So it is the DAC then!? I will check tomorrow!

Some more thoughts: as my friends DAC also did not work on my system but works in his I doubt it is the DAC!
I played some tunes from HQplayer with different output rates and it worked!
It is a problem also when I jump between filés with the same output rate!
Yesterday I reinstalled my router/meshsystem and then Roon Rock got a different IPadress! Now I have a problem to find Rock?! Why?
To make it work I have to make a new installation. I then try to restore from an earlier backup before this all happened but it can not be loaded!
Can it be a router/network/switch problem?

Now my DAC is playing in my friends system! No problem at all!

And now I changed the switch! Same problem!

I dont know what else to check!
Its 4 weeks now and this is really annoying!
Please!

There is some difference in the machine where the DAC is connected to? Either hardware, or software…

He is playing Roonserver 2.0 1182 on a Windowscomputor, so do I.
He is using Ubuntu Studio 20.04/HQplayer 4.17.2, so do I.
We have the same DAC.
We have different switches, he has a simpler D-link.
He has CAT 6 cables, I have CAT 8.
We have same Supra USBcable and both have IFI 3.0 USB-filter.

And Ubuntu/HQplayer is on the same type NUC.

Is yours a smart one? If so, please check that you have 802.3x Flow Control enabled, 802.1p CoS / DiffServ is active and IGMP Snooping is active. I also recommend to use 802.3az.

I would recommend to try with stock CAT 6(a) U/UTP cables. Costs some tens of SEK.

I would also try without the iFi filter (I never got my DACs to work through such).

How about the computer running HQPlayer?

I have d-link dgs 1016 and have done nothing to it! Worked perfect before trying to update HQplayer dec 22!

The CAT 8 worked perfectly before dec 22!
It is a complicated routing in the house! Not so easy to replace! Not a cost issue!

I have tried without filter! Same problem! Worked perfectly before dec 22!

We use the same Intel NUC gen 10 i7 FNK

The only real difference between my friends system and mine is that he has not installed new versions of Ubuntu and HQplayer! I have Done that and now gone back!
Can there be a conflict in my NUC between new and old systems! How can I check that?
Should I/We check the log again?