Roon (ROCK on NUC) initializing forever since Build 536 update

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC8i5BUK with 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD, running OS 1.0 (build 186) stable and Roon 1.7 (build 536) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NUC is directly attached to central Router (Fritz Box 7580) via Gigabit ethernet. Music is on a Synology 416play connected to the Router via ethernet to WLAN adapter (don’t have an ethernet line to the room where the NAS sits).

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Various Naim, partially ethernet, partially Wifi (let me know if you need this to assess the problem)

Description Of Issue

All Roon software fails to connect to the core stating that it is still initializing. I have restarted the core, I have even reset the entire core, wiping out the database and settings, to no avail.

Hi @Martin_F,

Would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link?

Thanks!

Martin_F core logs

Thanks, @Martin_F — I’ve passed them along to the team for analysis and will follow up soon.

Hi @Martin_F,

Please see see our latest update on this here:

Hi @Martin_F,

We’ve posted another update here:

This should be resolved now. You might need to restart your Core and restart Roon on your remote devices, but after that things should be working for you. If you’re still running into any issues please let us know!

Thank you, Dylan, it’s working fine again now.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.