Roon/Roon Remote don’t work over 5Ghz WiFi connection?

I’m trying to set up all my devices (Roon, Harmony Hub, etc.) to communicate over WiFi on a 5 GHz connection. For some reason, I cannot get the Roon Remote to connect to the Roon software I’m running on my MacBook Pro, but it works on a 2.4 GHz. Am I missing something? It would seem that as long as it’s the same WiFi network, it shouldn’t matter whether it’s a 2.4 or 5 GHz connection (I get a better, faster WiFi connection on all my devices on the 5 GHz band, which is why I’m trying to get them all on the same band). Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks!

That cannot be a Roon issue, per se. Likely, it is a router issue. Does your router assign IP addresses from two different pools for the two bands?

AJ

Agree. I run/have run several remotes on 5Ghz with no issues.

As long as both WiFi networks are on the same IP network it will work, if you have your 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz networks on their own IP networks it won’t work.

Wouldn’t you use Roon Bridge in this case? My main PC has this installed and PC+DAC are communicating via 5Ghz with no problem.