Roon running very slow taking up to 20-30 seconds to play a track local or streamed

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

nucleus +

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Comcast wifi (good speed with all other internet uses) ampli mesh network router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

connected via ethernet to DCS Rossini DAC, have 5 other zones using blue sound node 2i, Naim muso , B&W formation flex, various airplay devices

Description Of Issue

very slow at times on searches and starting to play a track. Seems better when it’s just playing itself from the queue but seems to be a real problem when browsing and wanting to play a track at random or even searching for an artist or discography or whatever. Sometimes it snaps back and is better but other times very lagging

Hi @ryan_stratton

Does this happen for all endpoints?

Have you noticed any patterns here? Is there any specific content that seems to trigger this more than others?

If you go to Settings > Services and lower streaming quality just as a test does this improve things?

I’ll try and get the answers to those questions in the next few days of messing around with it. Seems like even browsing is really slow at times. I’ll get back to this in a few days. Thank you

So it’s seems way better after the update yesterday. not sure if this is because the Nucleus reset? I notice it’s always been better after the updates (seems like there have been about 3 in the last couple weeks) It’s super slow even to play a local file. I notice it will be thinking with the bar moving back and forth near the play/pause bar of the window. Maybe 20 seconds then I’ll hear the hard drive spin up to play the track. Normally this just happens instantly. It takes a few seconds to play a local file normally while the hard drive comes to life. streamed files usually play instantly. I have over 250MBPS internet speed and everything else seems normal as far as internet and download speeds are concerned over here. I was noticing it was taking a little longer than normal to play a file on my Naim Mu So also. Normally when I use my other end points I’m not browsing a lot. Seems like if I just set a playlist or album to play it’s just getting that first track playing that is taking so long not once it’s starts working it’s way through the queue. The main browsing I do is with an iMac as the remote and DCS Rossini DAC hooked up via ethernet. This is where the slowness is happening. It’s good for now but I fear it might return to it’s slow behavior. I’ll report back.