Roon running very slow

@support
Search, adding track to the queue, browse library everything is very slow for the last 20 min. Album adding so slow from Qobuz that the system report this:

A little better today but still slow. The radio will not start after a album ends.

@support
Today the radio stops after playing for a while.

Just started to test Qobus, so maybe this is the problem.

1 Like

Hi @ToreB,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

If you temporarily sign out of Qobuz in Roon do you notice any change in performance here?

@dylan
For a temp fix I logged off Tidal and restarted Roon.

I’m using NUC8/i7 ROCK, Asus router and Devialet 220 and mac mini with Devialet Air sofware since Roon Air doesn’t work at the moment. Everything connected with ethernet, 80/80 fiber internet connection.

Same here, and with the Radio it can take 4-5 minutes before the next track is playing.

1 Like

Now it takes several minutes just open an album.

@support
Now the radio just stopped working. It was getting slower and slower, nest track took about 10 min. Now it just tries for +5 minutes and goes to next track and do the same all over again. Tried to go back in the ques but it don’t help. All the last albums are from Qobus.

Tried to log off Tidal, did not help.

Temp fix:. Log off Tidal and restart Roon. Can now play music again and the speed is back as before.

Hi @ToreB,

Can you describe your networking hardware? What router are you using? Any switches or powerline adapters?

The team has been investigating these reports and we are hoping to gather some more information about what your current performance is like.

Please see the following steps. After each step below (except the reboot) let us know how many seconds each action takes:

1. Reboot your Core machine.
  2. Open Overview page.
  3. Open Discover page.
  4. Perform a search for “The Beatles”.
  5. Open “The Beatles” artist page.
  6. Open the “Help!” album page.
  7. Start playback of “Help!” (how long does it take before it plays?).
  8. Search for “Daft Punk”.
  9. Open the “Daft Punk” artist page.
  10. Open the “Random Access Memories” album page.
  11. Start playback of “Random Access Memories”.

I’ll pass the above information over to the technical team to aid in their investigation. Thanks!

@dylan
Did you read my posts in (ROCK and Devialet)? The speed is OK now after I logged of Tidal. Sorry but I used nearly two weeks of troubleshooting (over 30 hours) on my network so I’m done with that, my networks is OK.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.