Roon scrolls through album tracks but never plays [Speakers returned to Bose]

Aerosmith greatest Hits album
song Dream on at 2:46 pm eastern time
@support

1 Like

Thanks for the follow up @Andrew_Cohen1, the feedback is very appreciated!

Moving forward, I have enabled the mentioned diagnostics on your account and once we have the report I will follow back up so you know we have it and then will swiftly pass it over to our tech team for evaluation ASAP.

Thank you for you continued patience while we conduct our analysis.
-Eric

Thank you awaiting news from you

By the way I forgot to mention even Tidal does the same thing when linked to roon
If I run tidal outside roon on it’s own it works fine
So there is something in the software or my settings

Thanks Andrew. I looked back in our bug tracker because I know we had issues with this device in the past, and I can see this ticket is still open in our system, which is good news.

From what I can tell, the last time we looked at this we determined that this device only accepts 6 channels of audio – very strange behavior. When we first looked at this we didn’t have a clear way forward because Roon did not support multichannel at the time, but we do now, so we’re going to have another look at this.

Can you confirm that you’ve tried playing with the Channel Layout and Multichannel Mixing Strategy settings? I would also try the “Work Around Drivers That Misreport…” setting too – these may help.

Like I said, we are going to look at this on our side as well. I can’t make promises, since this is the only device I’m aware of that we’ve seen with this behavior, but we’ll take a look.

In any event, I suspect for the moment you can work around this by turning Exclusive Mode off.

When you refer to Channel Layout and Multichannel Mixing Strategy settings what exactly do you mean ?
and the “Work Around Drivers That Misreport
I am unfortunately not a computer tech lol
I had exclusive mode off before and it did not work.
Hoping you can figure it out on your end otherwise will need to return these speakers
Thanks

All of those settings should be on the Playback tab of Device Setup.

The last setting “Work Around Driver…” only shows up with Exclusive Mode on.

And just to be clear, you’re saying playback still doesn’t work with Exclusive Mode turned off?

exclusive mode on or off does not work

Just played around with those controls and nothing
Is there anyway you can remotely go into my computer and see if you can figure out the problem
Now on 2 days getting frustrated

Hi
So I am returning my Bose Companion 5 fed up spent many hours this weekend trying to get Roon to work with these.
Any chance of extending my membership due to the lost days and frustration ?
Thanks

@support
Any chance of extending my membership due to the lost days and frustration ?

Tagging @Kevin who deals with accounts.

Hi @Andrew_Cohen1 — Touching base to let you know that I have followed up with via PM in regard to the above. Thanks!

-Eric

1 Like

Thank you much appreciated with all your help
Let me know any updates on the issue with the Bose just curious
Andy