Roon Search Overhauled [2022-12] Update

Good spot.

Oh dear, I thought I checked it multiple times, but I mistyped it. Rolling eyes.

Probably just me getting it to work by typing the correct spelling instead of the typo. But of course it would be better if roon was less sensitive to typos.

Just disappointed with my brain. Checked it repeatedly, but could not see my mistake of two L and one S, instead of one L and two S.

This was not the issue I tried to report, so a complete waste of forum space by me.

Well I didn’t see the two L either :wink:

Easy done, don’t beat yourself up over it.

In the tidal app I can search for the song

Unavailable by Davido

In Roon, no results.

Anyone else experience search not working as it should?

Thanks n

There are lots of search issues, discussed in the thread linked below.

Weirdly, if I search for “unavailable by davido” with the “by”, it finds it:

If I remove the “by”, it does not:

This is strange in particular because Roon search typically fails when having a typo or adding any words that are not in the title or artist’s name. In this case, it’s the opposite.

1 Like

I think it depends on its mood, it’s certainly not consistent like mood swings. :wink:

Maybe it’s an in-development thing where we can in the future specify the track “by” the artist :wink:

A post was split to a new topic: Search for “lovano soul” doesn’t show search results, but “lovano from the soul” does

I noticed that roon search doesn’t pull in user created playlists from Qobuz. I was searching for Beef Soundtrack and this is what I get in roon.

Versus Qobuz results. If I favorite on of these playlists it will then show up in roon search because it’s part of my library.

Roons never been able to search for playlists unless they are a favourited playlist or local to Roon.

Well that’s why I brought it up. I’d like that added. Roon should not fall short of the native app. I wouldn’t even know these playlists exist.

But it depends on what they allow in the api. Does any other 3rd party app search for playlists? If not then it’s likely not available.

Just tried BluOS it doesn’t find user curated either but does the Qobuz own.

It works on Naim’s app:

1 Like

That’s good then there is hope they could add it, shows not all OEMs use the api in the same way though which is annoying.

Just tried mconnect it sees user curated playlists but still can’t find your ones. I wonder it they are limited to the region your in? Blusound doesn’t seem to work with them at all.

Then you should post in Feature Requests.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Searching for “horowitz szell” doesn’t display results in the search bar

So I don’t remember it ever pulling in results with a spelling error before. It still says no results even though shows Artist below.

Here’s another. This a big improvement since I’m a terrible typer.