Roon Security Alert (Forum logout related)

It’s a bit like “the boy who cried wolf”. If you get a security alert by email every single day, then after a few days, weeks, months, you’re really not going to be paying much attention when a genuine security issue presents itself.

However, I do agree it’s not a big deal. I just simply delete each security alert as soon as I log into the Roon forum. I no longer bother to check them. Roon is simply informing me that I have logged into the forum - a bit unnecessary, but what the heck?

1 Like

Probably no need to check if you just logged in. I guess you said that. The ones that pop up if you didn’t just log in are the ones to be concerned about. I have never gotten one of those…yet.

Well not only “boy who cried wolf” …I’m actually diverting them all to my spam so the whole thing is pointless!
This is a privacy issue: many of us set up our browsers to be anonymous so it would be good if Roon respected that. It is not necessary on a forum to have that level of security. Reserve security for where it’s truly needed.

I can report that I do NOT logout of the forum, but I do exit my browser and even turn off my computer at night. But I rarely (never that I recall) have to login to my roon forum account. When I open the browser and select the roon forum bookmark, roon forum appears and I am logged in. I don’t delete all cookies automatically. (and to be clear, I do NOT receive any roon security emails.)

Sure that makes sense, the forum is keeping a record of you being logged in.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 21 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.