Roon sees the bridge but won't allow audio device to be selected

Testing a few things I build an NAA for my Roon Server. Installed following the guides Ubuntu 16.04 + Roon Bridge. From the Roon Server I can see the Roon Bridge and configure it and it does see the dAC

But it won’t allow me to select an Audio zone

Wait a minute I made it private and it won’t allow me to select it … if not it works

Hey @zbyte,

Just to verify, everything works fine when it’s not a private zone? When it’s set as private, are you trying to enable it from the same remote you set it as private?

Thanks,
Dylan

Correct, when it is set as PRIVATE cannot be SELECTED from the remote that ENABLED the zone, when it is not private it can be selected and works just fine

Hey @zbyte,

As mentioned in out knowledge base:

A private zone can only be controlled from the device that it’s connected to.

If a zone set as private is not directly connected to the remote you’re using you will be unable to use that zone. In this case it may be best to not use a private zone if not necessary, that way you can use it from any remote.

Thanks,
Dylan

Understood, the device is connected to the roon bridge, no remote, core or server running there and the core and server share another device, and the remotes are just that remotes without nothing connected.
It works if it is not private, thanks again

1 Like