Roon Server can't connect to Sonos Players

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Telenet Router - Asus RT68 Router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Sonos.

Description Of Issue

Hi,

I’m having trouble with my Roon Server Installation.

Originally I installed a full Roon package on my Windows 10 Intel NUC, which gives no problems.

No I’m looking to run my windows 10 PC headless so I did a clean install of Roon Server after I removed the full Roon software.

I can get Roon Server running, configured it with a Roon client on the same machine, but when I try to play music to my Sonos system, that doesn’t work and Roon keeps loosing connection with the players.

I ultimately switched back to the full Roon install and now it’s working without problems again.

Any thoughts on this please?

Kind regards,
Pieter-Jan

Hi @Pieter-Jan_Vanmarcke,

Can you check to see if you have RoonServer added as an exception to your Windows firewall (and also to any other antivirus firewalls you may have)?

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe, RoonServer.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

Also, since you mentioned you are using an Asus router, I would double check to make sure that “Enable Multicast Routing” is turned on in the router settings, as mentioned in our Networking Best Practices Guide.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.