Roon server decides to have a very small database, remote cannot connect

Roon Core Machine

Roon server 1.8 build 831 on QNAP TS-251D, Celeron J4025, 16GB ram.
This hardware setup is three days old, previous NAS was TS-251+ with 8GB ram, worked fine for years. Database, previous and now, is on a 237GB SSD on USB 3.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

NAS is running 24/7.
Roon Server is working now, using 3% of SSD space for database. Twice in the last three days Roon Remote has not been able to connect to the Roon Server. I login to QTS and see Roon Server is running but reports it is using 14% of a 16MB drive at the correct mount point for the database SSD. Shutdown and restart QTS and Roon Server runs with correct database.

Hey @David_Elm, are you still having trouble connecting to your Roon Core after the most recent update? We’re on Build 850 now – give it a shot and let me know! We’ll also need you to provide more detail about your networking gear.

The strange database happened twice within a few days of moving Roon core to a replacement NAS. A few weeks later I am still on Remote 831 and Core 831, all that is available to me. Remote updates come from the Apple store and there is no update there. Remote/settings/about/core/checking for update… gives “There was an error checking for an update”.

Since Roon core made up the small database why not look at the code to see why it does that ?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.