Roon Server Disconnection Issue with Rock Operating System (ref#2EMWTL)

Full form submission

Is Roon Server running?

· No, Roon Server is not running.

Can you turn on RoonServer to connect ?

· I can't turn on Roon Server. I need help.

Describe the issue

I have lost the Roon server on my network. I am running ROCK. My network seems ok. Maybe ROCK computer has died? Light is coming on

Describe your network setup

Hardwired to modem

Are you able to connect you Roon Rock machine to a TV via HDMI. You should get white text, top left corner. If so, a photo of this could highlight an issue.

If not, could be a number of things. Whilst connected via HDMI, power off the Rook Rock machine, power back on, do you get the manufacturers splash screen, normally a logo.

Thank you Menzies for your fast reply, I will try this in the morning and let you know.

Hi Menzies,

Photo attached.

I will try the network cable in other devices to see if it is network or nuc related.

Thanks,
Andrew

Tried rebooting, no logo splash screen. T straight to message as per attached photo.

Regards,
Andrew

If you’ve tried another network cable and port on your switch or router, then it seems likely that the ethernet port on your NUC is at fault. You could try a USB to ethernet port dongle as a replacement for the faulty port.

Thank you, I will give that a go.

Fixed!

Thank you

And what was the solution? A dongle?

Yes, an Ethernet to USB dongle. Plugged it in and it sorted itself out. Will probably keep as a back up as I bought a 2nd hand Nucleus on eBay.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.