Roon Server failing to initialize

I’ve run into a problem, that’s probably mostly of my own creating. I was messing around with the Nice value for RoonAppliance - i.e. changing it, then changing it back - and now I can’t get the server up and running. I’m now getting the following errors in console:

20:31:22.693518 +0100 Roon nw_path_close_fd Failed to close guarded necp fd 22 [9: Bad file descriptor]
20:31:35.625432 +0100 RoonAppliance nw_path_close_fd Failed to close guarded necp fd 6 [9: Bad file descriptor]

The menubar widget tells me that the Server is running, but Roon app just reports that it’s initializing.

This is probably a consequence of the the fact that I had to force quit the server as the menubar item disappeared when I changed the Nice value.

I’ve tried rebooting my system, and downloading the server again, but it hasn’t helped.

Any suggestions from @support would be gratefully received.

Hey @DaveN,

Just to verify, uninstalling RoonServer and reinstalling resulted in no change?

I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Thanks!

Hi Dylan,

No, uninstalling and reinstalling both Roon and RoonServer didn’t help. Which email address would you like me to send the Dropbox link for the zipped logs files to?

Best wishes,

Dave

Dylan,

You can grab my logs here:

[Link removed by support]

Hey @DaveN,

Just to confirm, are you running Roon and RoonServer on the same machine? The logs that you shared above appear to be for just Roon — Can you share the RoonServer logs from the Core machine as well?

Thanks!

Yes, both on the same machine. Here are the RoonServer logs:

[Link removed by support]

Thanks @DaveN,

I’ve passed both sets of logs over to the technical team for analysis. I’ll be sure to reach out as soon as I’ve received their feedback.

-Dylan

Thanks @dylan, I’ll look forward to hearing from them.

Hi @dylan, a quick update …

I just tried deleting the cache files in ˜/Library/RoonServer/Cache and that seems to have done the trick. I guess something in there must have got messed up when I force-quit the core.

Best wishes,

Dave

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.