Roon Server for QNAP (x64) is officially available in the QNAP AppCenter!

Not sure how to help at this point. When I look in the app center I can find the Roon Server in Entertainment fairly quickly. I have no earthly idea why you cannot. Can’t explain why you can’t access it.

Thanks; I’ve asked QNAP for help.

If Christopher Rieke is active he should be able to help also.

The TS-212 Turbo has a Marvell 1.2 GHz CPU. Maybe too little to run Roon?

RoonServer requires an intel x64 compatible cpu. The Marvell chip is an ARM cpu which can’t run RoonServer.
That’s why it is also not offered for installation in the QNAP AppCenter.

When migrating to the new AppStore version, is everything else like using SSD drive via USB 3.0 still in place or do I have to adapt there anything too?

@Markus_Hubner:
Everything should work as before. The AppCenter version will use the same routine to check for the internal or external RoonServer shared folder and use the database that is located there.

@crieke Oh great! And thank you very much for your ongoing support and your amazing commitment to the community!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Reducing RAM usage on QNAP NAS

This is, indeed, wonderful news. Had been having loading issues with Core on my Lenovo ThinkPad, now with ROON on my QNAP TS-251+ with all the logs and settings, life is good!

I had actually planned to use ROON with QNAP, but had to upgrade my aging modem and router. Now, with the new official release as well as brand spanking new modem and router I can stream DSD 128 DoP no issues, no drops.

Thank you Chris for your earlier help and continued support of the ROON QNAP brethren. Will likely switch up to liftetime membership!

I have ROCK installed on a NUC and my music files stored on a QNAP TS-251+… do I need to change to the QNAP app?

If that’s your configuration you don’t have the QNAP app.

If you do, it shouldn’t even be installed on your QNAP, so remove it. The NUC is your Core.

1 Like

So much confusion over the QNAP app. It’s not for everyone. It’s for those that were already running their Roon Server Core on their QNAP hardware or for those that want to and have the appropriate hardware. Not everyone that has a QNAP NAS needs this.

The only reason to use the Qnap for everything would be a possible fault with real time ‘watching’ of your music folder when the folder is mounted on ROCK from the 251 NAS. Take a look at this thread: Autodiscover on mounted network music folder not working
If this is working as it should in your setting, don’t change anything. If you see this behaviour, using the Qnap as Roon Core may fix the problem as your music is stored on the same unit and the disks are local.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon is displaying 2 or 3 copies of each album

Здравствуйте,Крис. Хочу приобрести NAS для хорошей работы Roon. Подойдет ли такой: https://qnap.ru/ts-453a ? , или такой: https://qnap.ru/ts-453b . Не слабые ли они? Заранее благодарен Вам за ответ

P.S.Roon планирую использовать для воспроизведения музыки Flac, DSD, HiRes

just did the update in the app center if my QNAP TV 671 - works like a charm, thank you very much Chris, great work :grinning:

same here, thank you!

I have the core on my Macbook and use QNAP TS-251 as Roon libraries. Would it make sense for me to change to run the App in Qnap instead as suggested at the top?

Thanks
Martin