Roon Server not working on Mac mini

Hello –

I’m running a late 2012 Mac Mini with Roon as the core. I can run the complete Roon (control core output) and it works fine. I want to run Roon Server instead, but when I install Roon Server it doesn’t work. I would prefer to run server. Can you let me know what I’m doing wrong @SteveSilberman @support.

Best regards,
Dave W.

When you say it doesn’t work, what problems are you having.

Hello @David_Weintraub,

RoonServer does not have a GUI (Graphical User Interface). When you run it, it is just listed in the taskbar and has to be accessed through a Roon Remote.

Are you seeing any error messages when you start RoonServer? Does it show up at all when you use a Roon Remote to try and locate it?

Thanks,
Noris

I load it and launch it, connect to it with remote app and it doesn’t show any end points or have the ability to send audio via USB.

Hello @David_Weintraub,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here, can you please post a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio Tab? It should look something like this:

You would need to enable the USB audio zones here for them to show up in the zone picker. If no audio devices show up, I would double check to make sure there are no firewalls blocking RoonServer from proper operation, you can use these instructions to check your firewall settings on OSX.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.